I was a Texas CHL Instructor for some years. Due to lack of time and etc. I decided to not certify as an instructor again.

I agree with having a Texas CHL; however I dont agree the lack of training required for the license. There needs to be a minimum of 40 hours range work. I see the class as false security for most people.

The Texas CHL class teaches you nothing about shooting technique. Technique is very important providing us with the capability to hit the target every time under stress. You will find proper technique also promotes safety.

I have No way of helping you obtan the permitt with my class. I will dramatically improve your shooting technique and help you stay alive.

I to prefer the 1911 Colt. The sad thing is the 1911 is hard to carry concealed due to its size and weight. There are many other good weapons on the market today that will do the job. For those who want lite look at the Smith and Wesson 340PD in 357. Great size, weight, smooth finish as to not snag on clothing. The difference is due to the design you WILL carry this one. The weight or I should say lack of is great!!

Sorry I cannot help with the License.