Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Spitting Game

Hi Gary,
    The fuel tank did not need to be dropped on my coach. This coach uses a single 208 gallon plastic fuel tank. As can be seen in Dales' photo, his fuel tank in metal. There is a differrence.
    The biggest issue installing the new check valves is that the instruction sheet provided by Prevost does not provide enough details to complete the job. I spoke with Mike Frizzel, Prevost Service Nashville, three times while I was completing the job. Without his help I would not have gotten this done.
    Also, I found the Convertor installed equipment, inverters, bay carpeting, and Entertainment Center to increase the work required by about twice. Two small and necessary parts were missing from the kit when I received it. I could go on and on. If anyone is really going to do this, feel free to call me and Mike Frizzell. There are a few little tricks that will make the install go smoother.

Dale,
    I had the same question regarding that piece.
    I took a real good look at that part. It is a pressure relief valve. Like an emergency relief valve on a pressure vessel etc. Probably a back up to the fuel vent in case it were to become inop?

My first photo shows the anti splash back device originally installed on the coach. That is the fitting which is attached to the tank. The little rubber flap is the problem, or the pos original solution. It is no mystery why it does not work.

Jim,

Do you have any photos of the final installation or how the original hose was routed? I am trying to see how all the parts fit together and since I have OTR air, this may be a simpler installation on my coach than one with all the converter stuff in the bay.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I think the blue arrow is pointing at the "framulator" that Roger was talking about. Then he says CC rules....Roger, do you mean Country Coach or Canadian Club?

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Roger means CC equals "cheap cars". That's a reference to purchase price.

Hi Jerry,
    All the hoses are routed the same. The change is inside the tank with the new check valve.