Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Spitting Game

Peter,
    Glad you chimed in on this issue. I do not use both fills at the same time. I've filled from both the left and right side and have the same problem with each side. Also, I have set the flow rate at the lowest setting (less than 15 gallons per minute) with the same result. Have used the exact technique as you describe with the same result. Only one time has it not splashed back.
    My coach does not have the aux tank.
    How do I check the vent hoses at each fill neck?
    Why does Prevost recommend the 'Ball Check Valve Kit'?

Just to add a little bit to this mess, the Truck-Protect filler neck item that I mentioned in an earlier post, is NOT, just to help keep the spillage to a minimum, its main pupose is ANTI-SIPHON.

Just ask Fast Roger, if he wouldn't buy two of these in a heart beat when they come on the market?????

And yes I have a bad habit of spilling my cocktails at times, don't know why?

Gary S.

Peter,

The beer was great! It doesn't matter, slow speed, 1st click on the RV pump, only filling one side, it's going to puke 9 out of 10 times on the 45's.

Petervs Guest

Mine is a 45, it never pukes, even if I leave the pump on full blast right up until it clicks off by itself. As long as i only use one side.

There must be blockage in your vent line.

Peter,
    Is there any possibility that your coach had the 'Fuel Tank Ball Check Valve Kit' installed?
    How do I check the vent line?
    Jim

Just to chime in. Now that I have a 45er, mine pukes as well, even on the lowest setting in the truck isle. I never had this issue on the 40 foot coaches.

Would it help to open the other side (I only fill on one side), while filling?

It's hard to believe that so many of us have clogged vent lines? Now with this coach, I look at the ProDriver, try to get a good estimate, and back off around 20 gallons early. I listen carefully, and go real slow from that point, and I am generally ok. But, for sure, I cannot simply leave it alone, at any speed.

Ray

Ray: My friend opened both caps and filled from one side on his Monoco. The trucker on the oposite side hollered " how much fuel are you going to dump on the ground before you shut the pump off." I fuel at a reduced rate on the truck pump and chg. to the lowest position near the end. It will still puke a small dribble before it's complete. I stay prepared for it. Let our wives give them the cash first and I'll guarantee your tank will not run over.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Ray, I have tried leaving the cap off on the oposite side to vent with no success. Pukes anyway.
    I am glad Peter's coach does not splash back. My question is, what is different about the fuel system on Peter's coach?
    Harry, How does having the wife pay prevent splash back?

It seems to me that the reason for the puking is that the filler tube is too long. If the neck of the filler tube was very short, say 3" and on a 45 degree angle to the top of the tank the nozzle tip would sit deeper in the tank, thus shuting off the flow of fuel when the fuel hits the tip of the nozzle. Also, a 3" wide filler tube would help. The wider filler tube would allow the air to escape as you are fueling and eliminate the need for a vent tube.

Does this make any sense?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I fuel mine on the high level and don't have any problem/when it turns off I still can put about 5 more gallons.