Hi Folks,

Tommy & Margie Stallings here..

We just got home with our 1990 XL-40 Liberty Coach from Pennsylvania and
found the POG web site and figured it was a good thang to join it, now after reading a few threads I am with concern here.. I can see it is going to be a tough crowd, just when I thought it was safe to go outside right ?

Just kidding, actually its all good and we look forward to more fun the law allows and maybe then some... I can tell you the Fun Meter on the Ole 1990 XL was pegged to the full side on the cruise back to Bama yesterday and she ran like a top and the Ole 8V92 purred like a Kitten...

After arriving this morning very early I decided to get a huge power knapp on and then revisit this Gentle Giant to play with the different systems and get to try and know this baby.. went to start the main engine and it shut down after about 45 seconds ... After a call to the mechanic he explained that it was either low of oil or Coolant.. after checking the Oil Level and finding it at full service I then proceeded to the Coolant filler cap, a small ladder, screwdriver ( Not the Drink either ) and 2 gallons of Ethylene Glycol ( Anti-Freeze - Coolant - De-Icing Fluid for you aviation buffs ) and 2 more gallons of water to dilute the stuff to a 50% ratio ... she was full to below the cap level.. the Engine then started and ran fine with no problems .. I like this Bus as it looks out for its owner.. unlike the Eagle we have... of course that's another Machine from the 1970 era that's fun in its own way as well...

Now since the Bus was Winterized by the previous Owner.. Mr. David Coleman for those of you who may know David, he said that I would need to
purchase a few rubber seal gaskets to reconnect the water conditioner / softener since it was removed for the winterization process, can someone maybe direct us in the right direction to purchase these rubber seals that fit the Screw on " Inlet & Outlet" water lines, not sure of the exact sizes but approx about the size of a Half Dollar or so ... I can send a picture of the lines which connect at the upper "Top" section of the Water Conditioner / Softener if it might help, but I figure probably some of you seasoned Prevost owners know where I can find these things are may have some in your spares kit onboard your rig I could purchase, I would like to have all the lines - connections re-secured in order to get her ready for a Spring Trip West Bound once the Weather Breaks ...

We look forward to meeting you all at some of the various rallies and will enjoy your friendships and additionally thanks for any info you can help us with on learning of this machine ...

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Tommy & Margie Stallings