Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Fresh Meat for the Grill

Flyin-lo...did you buy the new ride from the bus man ? Was it in Wilkes-Barre Pa. ? just wondering.

Default Welcome

Tommy,

Welcome to POG. We are fairly new Prevost and motorhomes and the folks on this site have been a tremendous resource for us and very generous with their time. You will see posts referring to MPD or Mad Prevost Disease; we all have it and can't wait until we can go somewhere again. Congratulations on your new purchase and hope to meet you in the future.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Welcome and check with Jon

Tommy,

Welcome to the POG. This is a group with personalities that cover the whole spectrum. One thing, if I remember correctly, Jon once posted that he would NEVER use a high pressure washer in his engine bay. Use Dove hand soap on a soft sponge to break down the grease and keep your hands baby soft. Then flush gently with a garden hose and dry with a hair dryer on low heat. Oh yeah, then wax everything you can reach with a high quality automotive wax. And you better get this done before going to Mobile - there will be an inspection of all newbies.

Now most of the above can be seen as what for the most part it is - bs. However, I really do recall Jon saying he would never use a high pressure washer in the engine bay. I think he applies liberal amounts of a "green" degreaser and then soft flushes it off with a garden hose. The drying and waxing are optional.

It does occasionally get a little cold here . In fact, this has been the coldest winter we've had in several years (probably 10 nights below freezing). It never went below freezing last year (global warming). Since the bus is in the garage, I just place a 75w bulb in the plumbing bay and run an 800w heater inside the coach on the nights when it is going to freeze.

I actually did the same thing in Yellowstone for 5 months with no problems. Everything seems to be very well insulated. Of course, in Yellowstone, we were living in the bus, and here in Pensacola, it never stays below freezing but a few hours at a time. I fully understand many hours of freezing would be disastrous. We have some on the forum who can attest to this!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Welcome Tommy, You certainley are all enthused about your bus and that's a good thing. I see your at ease with the key board and that's good too, but don't forget to read. The previous posts that is. There are many things you will want to know already posted. We don't mind talking about it all, over and over again and again though, so ask away.

The washers; If they are for the sand filter that I have, well that company is out of business. You probably can find the washers you need at a good plumbing supply, hardware or Home Depot, or make your own! I have spoken to the man that liquidated that co. and he said most components were generic and off the shelf items, still to be found with a search.
    Your idea of the picture of the application or item you are working on is always welcome. It makes it much easier to be on the same plane and up to speed with the details.
    Always give as much detail as you know as it is very difficult to asses a situation blindly and remotely.

I am with you on the red light thing and will be interested in seeing your solution. When you make the change write it up and document it with pictures and all.

What do you have in your petting zoo?
    We used to have something like that, but it's been reduced quite a bit now that we are selling to be able to full time.

At one time we had 2 horses, 1 mini horse, 9 Alpaca, 2 goats, 25 chickens, 8 ducks, 2 rabbits, 1 turtle, 1 lizard, 2 dogs, 6 cats, and 3 fish.
    Now down to 2 horses, 1/2 dog, and 1 cat. You need anything???

JIM

Welcome Tommy and Margie. Congradulations on your Coach. Welcome to POG. If you call Troy at Liberty, he can help you with those seals, or point you in the right direction. 1-800 554 9877, 1 772 349 7022 cell. Also, you should register with Liberty and get on their mailing list.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

FLY-N-LOW Guest

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments here in regards to the Missing Washers for the Sand Filter Element " So thats what that is " the previous owner referred to it as a water softener and said during winterizing that it had to come out and be stored in a warm area and the water drained from it, I see that there is shut off valves at each line coming and going from the Sand Filter. Once I have the Gaskets located and installed I will open those both back up and proceed to fill the system with H20 once again and then read up on priming the system, at present time the Circuit Breakers are all off which deal with the water related items...

Yeah your absolutely right, before making any changes to the Rig I will definitely get more familiar with her.. Ok on the panel near the Drivers Sliding Window, I did see some switches located there but did not notice exactly what all of them were, Spot Light on top is there , a Big White lite up Decellerate button is there and more, I will have to look these over more closely and see what all is there, mind you some of the label engravings have lite wear, but enough wear on the actual switch to make it hard to read which circuit they actually are and for a guy who is blind in one eye and cant see out of the other one...

Its a Pleasure to meet you Jon and we will look forward to hearing from you going forward here... I will see what the Local Plumbing Supply has to offer as well the Local Home Depot or Lowes for these Round Rubber Line Gaskets
    to bad I didnt know of the POG before my trip I could have stopped in Knoxville the other night and bought you a cup of Coffee.

Thanks Jon.

Regards.

FLY-N-LOW Guest

Hi TOY-BOX,

I actually purchased this Rig ( 1990 Prevost XL-40 Liberty ) from a gentleman
    name Mr. David Coleman.

He does live in the Wilkes-Barre, Pa. area and is a very nice man and pretty knowledgible on the Coach.

He had this Bus and another and was looking to buy yet another third bus, I guess he had a Really Bad Case of The Mad Prevost Disease and finally decided it was a chore to keep up with three buses and decided to put this one on the auction block he and I talked later during the day I left with this 1990 and the porr guy was about sick over seeing it leave and said he was having with drawls not seeing it in the Barn anymore... there for awhile I thought he was going to pay me to just leave him with the bus and not take it, I offered him to make the trip here to Bama with me or to stop down and visit the bus anytime.

Take Care...

FLY-N-LOW Guest

Hi Aggies09 ,

Tony thanks for the welcoming and kind words, it is my pleasure to meet you on the POG here.

I suspect this will be the very best source of information for any Prevost owner and I am glad that it is in place for all of us to share various subjects and get to know each other.

We will look forward to meeting you at a Rally Sometimes, We are usually always out there running around in that Ole Lone Star as my Wife is from those parts and my sister is out in the DFW area.

Enjoy !

I can see that the MPD is already setting in on me now and I am good with that.

Cheers

FLY-N-LOW Guest

Hi Will,

Thanks for the Welcoming, we really look forward to meeting most that we can here on the POG as well at the RALLIES ..

Ok on the Green Dove Hand Soap, degreaser and not using a High Pressure washer .. I can understand and appreciate his concerns with using the High Pressure washers as they will take more then just the Grease off if your not really really careful... I like using a 1 Gallon Pump Can of the Fast Orange Hand Cleaner and working it into various areas and then reducing the Pressure washer back to 600 psi or so to watch the Grease and road grime come right off with anything else being removed or damaged. I like the Blow
    drying comment and usually do this as well, no kidding I use the Gas Powered Leaf Blower to blow dry all the vehicles after a good washing.

Thanks Will.

Enjoy !