Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Liberty Mid A/C Evaporator Filter

Default Early Liberty Mid A/C Evaporator Filter

The mid cruisair evaporator is behind the fridge on my Liberty. Removing a small mirror panel in the bathroom lets you reach in with one hand and just barely touch it. No other panels or compartments even get close.

Please tell me the freaking fridge doesn't have to be removed to clean the filter!

If it does, LIBERTY, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Get your *&%# in there and pull it out. You could of had it half done by now.

Two of my 3 are very difficult I have to pull a cabinet in the kitchen for that one. Did you notice my recent project with EriC and what we had to pull to get to his OTR evap filters.

You may discover other issues while you are in there or discover something new.

lewpopp Guest

Trukboy,

If Kathy and I could struggle to get our frig out ( and we did struggle ), you can do it. Try rodeo sex and it will come right out in a hurry. This cannot be explained on this forum.

Tom, If you do need to pull the reefer you will need to build a 4 wheel dolly the correct height. It ain't much fun.

Whine, whine whine...............

First, sheep herder needs to verify where the access to the filter is. My guess is it is not accessed by refrigerator removal, but if it is what's the problem? He has to clean the condenser coils on the refrigerator anyway.

The removal is easy. I made a platform exactly 3" high with carpet on the bottom. I roll the refrigerator onto the platform and the carpet makes it easy to slide across the tile floor. In 15 minutes I can have the refrigerator out. It is the first time that is difficult because you have to figure out where all the fasteners are.

Yep,

Last time mine was changed at Liberty Coach, they had a 3" platform that they placed on the granite in front of the refer and simply wheeled it out of the way, after removing the trim panel.

It actually was easier than some of the others IF you have the platform handy!

But I gotta agree, what were they thinking ????

I don't have a problem pulling the fridge you nimrods and I'm sure Liberty is real proud of this labor intensive job just to clean a filter.

I can imagine the first owner of this million dollar bus calling Liberty and asking how to clean the filter....

Owner - Hi, can you tell where the access panel is for the mid A/C, I would like to clean the filter?

Liberty - Sure, just go to the hardware store, buy four heavy duty dolly wheels, a piece of 3/4 plywood, nuts & bolts to attach the wheels to the platform your going to make.

Then measure the exact height of the fridge platform and using various layers of your plywood, construct your new rolling dolly.

Now, remove all the fasteners and trim to the fridge.

Now, since your elderly, get a couple big guys to help you slide the fridge out onto the dolly, being very careful not to tip the dolly and let the fridge get away from you.

Unhook the ice maker, you will have water squirting everywhere, but don't let it soak the 120 volt plug that you also have to unhook. Please sir, don't let the two big guys get their feet wet before unplugging the power!

Now, roll the fridge into the galley. You will have to step up onto the table seating area since the fridge will completely block the isle.

Using a vacuum, suck the lint and dust off the filter and your done. Save your dolly, it will be much easier to do again in 6 months.

Just reverse this procedure to re-install the fridge.

Call us if you need to replace any broken trim pieces in your cabinets, we can fabricate new ones, but it will take 14 weeks.

Tom, you forgot the background laughter all the time you were on the phone.

JIM

I doubt the conversation with that first owner was anything other than "when can I get in for an appointment to service my bus?"

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I do not know about the phone call but the procedure sounds about right.

You haven't started yet