Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphan Coaches

Jim, I am convinced that reagardless who the converter is, the most important aspect of support for our coaches is the knowledge we gain from this forum. I can't imagine owning a Prevost by any converter and not having the support of the POG.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

We've had our CC conversion for almost five years and have yet to purchase any parts from CC and tried once, 4 years ago for tech support (when they were still going strong) and said "*&%^ this!" They had little interest in out of warranty customers

If another POGGER cant help you fix it another converter most likely can. CC does a fine job with their conversions, not perfect, but what is. I have yet to see two coaches from the same converter that were identical. They are constantly changing vendors on products they use inside and frequently changing the wiring harnesses, so get a coach with a manual and a wiring diagram and its repairable!

I too am pleased with the Country Coach, for the most part. The weak link in the system, I believe, is the mother and daughter boards (13-18 daughter boards in total) that occupy that dark area ahead of the plexi-glass in the forward belly. Everything, and I mean everything for the house side of the bus run through one or more sections of that monster. Fortunately the boards were out-sourced and replacement components are available, worst case is to have the thing reverse engineered in case of real trouble. Also, whoever designed these things, was smart enough to fuse everywhere which, in case of an unknown fault, a fuse is usually the cause albeit they are sometimes difficult to locate and even more difficult to change.

What saddens me is that Mills Manufacturing Company of Junction City has ceased to exist....actually for several years. They were the manufacturer of the premier plexi glass shield The shield that so many of you dream about...gone! Oh well, so are the famous clear plastic seat covers manufactured by Fingerhut in the 60's.....common now you all remember those! I do have a good source for curb feelers if anyone is interested!

John

I certainly agree with the general sentiment here that most things that need fixin' can be fixed with off the shelf items, converter non-specific. HOWEVER, I will say that I really enjoy the fact that I can call Marathon 24/7, get live help, and be talking to somebody on the other end of the phone that not only built my coach, but also has my specific coach information, down to the last wire and bolt, all up on their computer screen.

Having said that, and keeping in mind my well documented love for Marathon, I would not hesitate to buy a coach by a different converter if I really liked it. I think POG will help keep you on the road.

Good luck,

Adam

John,

Unfortunately, there will be outsourced replacements for the plastic shields as well, so we were not so lucky to see them go away with the demise of Country Coach.

Dang.

Jerry, You want one dont you. Go ahead, get one. No one will make fun of you. Your coach will thank you and the reduction of dents on the front will increase your " TRADE IN VALUE. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default Why fear POG is here?

I too am a happy CC owner. I would of course be happier if they weren't victim of the recessionary times and poor management.

Having said that here is my take on the Orphan thing. I would not be as imtimidated to purchase an orphan coach (as a newbee would be) knowing the knowledge and experience base that POG offers, and the best part-- its fun, and only cost 100 lew bucks annually. They are all on Prevost chassis so the house issues are the only concerns, they all have water pumps, water heaters, and refirgerators etc so the majority of the componets are not dependent on the converter. Outside of the mother boards on a CC why fear, POG is here.

With very knowledgeable folks in the business like Rick May at Parliament, or Troy at Liberty and I am sure many others-like Miles, A1, or Nick, we should be able to come up with Presidential solutions for any problem given enough time..
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Orphan coaches

AMEN, Roger!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Give me my Orphan Royale any day,

Alek

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Give me my Orphan Royale any day,

Alek
    Talk to me Alek - there are a couple of very interesting Royales out there...