Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Macerator Use And Maintenance

I promised everyone I am finished on this topic...but....I'll bet not...the suit that is....

So John, I guess what you are saying then, is that if I am parked next to you at a rally, and I have trouble with the macerator, don't bother to ask you for assistance. Right!

JIM

Jim,

All I can say is that you have been warned.

John

I attempted to use mine this last summer, as I had a broken connection on my port side dump valve. The darn thing never would work, shorted the fuse. I haven't gotten back to it since. Fortunately, I have a starboard dump valve as well, and I was able to use it. I think the problem with these built in units is they go bad from lack of use, freeze up or whatever, so it would be better to invest in a portable unit w/ a hose etc. so you can use it in a pinch or at your home. If you have a garden water spout with a backflow valve, you can rinse out the hose after your done.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

So Gary, are you saying yours crapped out?

JIM

C'mon John, you know you opened the through hull fitting and pumped your goodies overboard!

OH I can't let this pass. Has anyone, John, been in RV Park where your 4 inch sewer hose is going up hill to the site receptacle?? What does one do? You lift it up and slowly feed the contents to the sewer receptacle. Me thinks that's what you do with a garden hose hooked to a macerator, as well to empty it. We have a macerator on the Beaver XL, but haven't used it yet. Looking to buy a dedicated hose like mentioned earlier, will have an external carrier for it for the wiffy things that waft out of the hose when not in use. PeeUeeewww!
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

jelmore Guest

Passing on a little experience . . . when at Joe's in Chicago, we used the macerator for the the first time. Worked like a charm, though it takes a while to pump out a full tank. The instructions for the macerator say to run water through the system after the tank has emptied until the discharge is clear. We did that and there was nothing foul. Surprisingly tidy.

blacklab Guest

I bought the Tank Buddy model and it works perfect. I retrofitted mine to accept a garden hose. Pumps 100' and no problems. When your done, rinse it off and put it in the box, and always use a dedicated hose.

JDUB uses his white water hose. The theory is that the next time he refills his water tank it gets flushed (no pun intended) out.