Thread: Macerator Use And Maintenance

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Jon? John?

I have a macerator and I used it for the first time at the October oysterfest. I couldn't reach the sewer with my normal hose so just for the hell of it I used the macerator. It took about 30 seconds to prime and then it started pumping the tank.

So in 19 years I used one once. I suppose there may be uses for it, but if the bus did not have one I doubt if I would install one.

I used my water fill hose for the macerator pump, and then one night switched hoses with Truk. It's OK Tom. I think you must have it flushed pretty clean by now.
    That may explain Tom's recent weight loss ()....You guys do what you want, I am neither an antagonist or protagonist on this issue....just one word of warning...when this thing comes "unstuck" and you wildly spray human excrements everywhere, inside your tank holding area, outside on the ground, bus windows, your hair, your face, your best friends carpet...you remember that you have been warned.

BTW I have a half dozen piddle packs, used by Naval Aviators in single pilot airplanes for....relief, so to speak. If you like the macerator, you will love the piddle pack, just add Tang and it can be reused (like the Mercury Astronauts)...don't forget the quinine tablet Ghandi!

Good Luck and God Speed,

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 03-07-2009 at 07:24 PM.