Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to say hello

sawdust_128 Guest

I'll throw in a couple of cents worth here.

1. Although not an owner for a year yet, I have seen that of all the coaches out there, Prevost seems to be the best supported in the business. If a converter goes out and a coach is orphaned, Prevost still can keep the beast running. You might have to do some digging to get info on supporting converter specific systems, but you can keep going down the road.

2. If you are somewhat handy, a lot of what needs to be done on a Prevost conversion, you can do. I'm not sure about the Newell, but I suspect it is somewhat the same.

3. POG, based on your comments, no more to say.

sidenote: Welcome to the forum/asylum/freak show/zoo/etc. You were already told about the kevlar jacket. Don't forget the steel-toed boots, cast iron underwear, safety glasses and your hard hat. Oh yeah, don't worry about the name change thing. Those old guys threatening that suffer senility and it is that they just can't remember your name. Show some empathy and just ignore their rantings, their wives have suffer enough embarassment.

Hi Randy and Lois. We travel with kids, dogs, and friends quite a lot and the one bath is fine . We have a sink w/ mirrors in the Bedroom, as well. Slides are big on our list because of kids and dogs. Nothing matches the Prevost ride. The other thing I notice about Prevost Conversions is how well the interior and exterior hold up over the years. Older Coaches look absolutely magnificent. They don't wear out like the plastic buses.
    Because Prevost is engineered as a Commercial Bus , the owner benefits in having a machine which will go for thousands of miles with few problems. Any Coach will have maintenance issues but so far I haven't had many problems.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Many Prevost Entertainer busses have 1.5 baths. I assume by bath and a half we are talking about a toilet and sink up front or mid-ship, and a full bath (toilet, sink, shower) elsewhere on the bus? If that is the case, why don't you just get a Prevost entertainer. There are many available out there... even with slides, that have 1.5 baths. There is a thread running right now on the difference between entertainers and motorhome shells.

This one is a little more than you wanted to spend, but it looks real nice. Has two slides, 1.5 bathrooms... and a lot more: http://www.staleycoach.com/48774.html

Or, you can buy that one and give it to me :-)

Good luck!

~Adam

We found the best way to have two bathrooms is simply to have two busses.

Mike

Thumbs up Welcome To The P O G

Can't add anything meaningful. Just welcome.

Wondering though about your statement:"We will be using our coach mostly full time. Lois is a RN and would like to spend the next few years, prior to retirement, working as a travel nurse. The bath and half is a must."

What does that have to do with the bath requirement?

JIM

Hi Randy & Lois welcome to POG.

I'll make it easy for you: use my coach for a weekend and see how you like it. I'll drive it to an RV park close to you and live it in for a weekend; Karen & I will stay in a motel. Then you can see how you like. After the weekend is over you can drive it and see how you like on the road. Then you can drive a Prevost and compare the two coaches.

My coach has the rear bath + half option and 2 slides. We love the bath & a half and the 2 slides. It is roomy, comfortable, and dependable. The systems are simple & easy to work on and Newell has 24/7 phone service available. Their hourly rates are $95/hour for service. The slides in a Newell are better IMO because they are built above the chassis; mine have been trouble free for 11 years!

To answer Jon's question: given my current financial status I would buy another Newell because IMO it is a better value for the dollar. Also, Prevost does not offer the bath+half option except in a hand full of buses that I have seen for sale on the internet.

If you read back over some of my posts you will see that I love the looks of an XLII. I also like Shookie's Liberty (2000 Liberty #669) listed on Liberty's website. But every time I consider buying a Prevost the issue of slides and bath+half wins out over my love for the XLs.

Hope that this has helped you. Prevost is a first class product. I don't think you will be sorry whichever coach you choose.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,

You love the extra room? I thought you shared a shower.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

LocNess,

Good to hear from you. Remember that photo of Louise and me in Jerry's Marathon! Now that was a big shower.

Let's plan another get together in Kerrville Maybe this time Gary can find a site with 50 amps on both legs!

How about it Gary; get the Margaritta machine cranked up. For those of you who don't know Gary, he has a Margaritta machine that is so powerful it runs on DIESEL!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

busmeup Guest

Hello POG,

Wow, you are brutal! Total strangers and you are questioning our bathroom habits? We have a large extended family that will often provide us with guests. Lois is a labor & delivery nurse so when called she has no time to wait for a busy bathroom. I have probably spoiled all of us as I have been a custom home designer and builder for most of our 36 years together.

We have spent the majority of our time and energy looking at "plastics". The bus concept came along recently and we initially assumed that bath and half would be common. I have considered doing a bus remodel but the wife says no more projects.

We were just introduced to the Newell by a salesman who suggested it because of our preference for a floor plan. I can tell you that right now, the rear bath with a half bath mid ship is the quickest floor plan to sell whether plastic, Prevost or Newell.

We are still trying to get our heads around the Idea of even looking at anything but Prevost. I started this thread as I needed your feed back prior to our going to Coburg Oregon where we can try out both Prevost and Newell. I trust the opinion of those that own a bus more than a salesman trying to sell one.

Your questions, ideas and suggestions have been greatly appreciated. Joe, your remodel with pictures has been great. I look forward to seeing the completion pictures. Tuga, your offer is above and beyond. Thanks, I may want to private email you as this progresses.

We will keep you all posted as our search continues.

Our Best

Even if Tuga convinces you to buy one of those damn Newells you are still welcome here. The problem is you may not want to hang with us.