Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMX Board/Lo AC Reading

lewpopp Guest

Along that same subject, I called and got the price on 6-4D and shipping and decided to wait until I went home and could go thru the town where I called and they (I think) could find someone to install them right there.

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Along that same subject, I called and got the price on 6-4D and shipping and decided to wait until I went home and could go thru the town where I called and they (I think) could find someone to install them right there.
    Lew, what was the price? With shipping?

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Lew,

I completely forgot to. I was at Prevost car at the time. I think i paid around $475 each plus install.

I have this sense of comfort when having work done at Prevost Car. First I can be there watching for the entire (supervise) time can ask questions off everyone, if I am not comfortable I can get the Service manager in for a second opinion and lastly all work and parts are warranted for 1 Year from the date (parts are warranted by the manufacturer). So it is my theory that if one of these batteries craps out before a year I will have Prevost car replace them.

I have used the warrantee before when other work failed and there was no question asked.

Just a comfort thing with me.

Adam,

I can tell you from experience that once your batteries start to go they will continue, and can cause problems throughout the bus, so keep an eye on them.

SMX BOARD:

I read the manual from cover to cover and have actually learned much. Reset the default settings and then customized each setting to my region of the country, my voltage etc (RVAC UNITS 115V). You can set the LO&Hi speed fan settings, the voltage the humidity settings, lots actually, important stuff. I would highly recommend taking a look at your settings to see what values each is reading relative to factory specs.

lewpopp Guest

Adam,

The 4D batteries were $343.00 as of last October plus about $150 shipping. 800-527-3224 ,Andrew Ex 229. Things might have changed.

lewpopp Guest

Just to clarify things. The shipping was $150 for 6 4Ds and 4 starting batteries. Would be less for the 4Ds alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Adam,

The 4D batteries were $343.00 as of last October plus about $150 shipping. 800-527-3224 ,Andrew Ex 229. Things might have changed.
    I do not feel so bad then about the pricing at Prevost car, as I did not pay more than this for my Lifeline batteries from them.

The price I paid included removing all of the batteries, cleaning each post with a razor blade, removing scale, cleaning the compartment, checking all connections and reinstalling the new batteries and of course disposal of the old ones.

I decided to check my invoice and I paid $387 each plus one hour $100 to install each, total of $487 each plus tax of 6.5%, $31.65 for a total of $518.65 w/tax and install.

My back feels much better about not having to lift these beasts out of the bus. My job was to watch and learn, and of course write the check.

Is everybody in agreement that lifelines are the way to go? What about Gel cells? Just curious.

Thanks,

Adam

lewpopp Guest

Pam,

If Bruce would have helped you put the batteries in instead of standing back and playing accountant, you could have saved your back and exercised Bruce a bit.

I guess the answer is, if I get someone to install the batteries properly for about $140 each, I'm ahead of the game. I'll bet I can find a knowledgeable tech to do it for a lot less. I could go buy a hydraulic jack on wheels and done the job cheaper.

I spend Lewbucks. Know what they are?