Hey All,
When I took possession of my coach, almost exactly one year ago, I bought brand new coach batteries and chassis batteries. The coach batteries were impressive. (6 big Lifelines... I think 4D, but I'd have to check to be sure.) They would run what they were supposed to run in my coach for 12-16 hours without causing the Auto Gen Start to kick on. This was true in the dead cold of winter and the heat of summer.

9 months later, the batteries were still doing OK, though I was down to like 10 hours of regular usage time.

10 months, down to 8 hours.

11 months, down to 6 hours.

12 months, down to 4 hours

Almost 13 months, about 3 hours.

Keep in mind that my usage "style" has not changed. They just won't hold the charge as long. Visual inspection reveals clean, well connected battery cables. Though, the batteries are packed in there tightly and it is difficult to tell for certain. No green corrosion is visible. The charge from the Alternator and the Generator both test as the same as they did before. The alternator, around 26 volts (always been that way), the generator is at 27.7 or so.

I really thought that by going with what I thought were top of the line batteries, they would last a little longer. I guess I expected some decrease in battery life as the years past. But not such a significant difference by the month.

Any thoughts? Should I have gone with a different battery / brand?

Thanks!

Adam