Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery surprise!

Default update.

I followed Jon's suggestion, did an equalization, made sure to set dip switches correctly. This was all quite easy to do. Batteries are still not lasting very long, though we are in some extreme temperatures right now, so I think my plumbing bay heater has been running constantly, which is a pretty good draw. I suspect I have a bad battery somewhere. Since Marathon charged me two arms and a leg for the batteries and installation, I may have a chat with them. The batteries are only a year old. That just seems too young to die.

Jon, do I understand correctly.... if one battery is bad, the whole bunch is spoiled? Yikes. That's an expensive fix.

Thanks to everybody for the help!

Adam

Adam, one bad battery does not mean the rest are spoiled, however if you read the link I previously sent, as well as Dale's post on his recent battery replacement you will see that mixing batteries of various ages seriously compromises the utility of the entire set.

The bad battery obviously needs to be replaced, but if you replace just that one, the different charging needs between the new battery and the older ones is going to reduce their ability to serve your needs.

Yes, replacing a set is expensive underlining why it is important to do all we can to extend their life, including changing the depth of discharge level for automatic generator start.

BTW, I hope Marathon can go to bat for you with Lifeline. It sounds as though your autostart is functioning as set and intended by Marathon and that what is happening is possibly a warranty issue. I am sure you will need to get the coach to someone acceptable to Marathon and Lifeline to verify a failed or failing battery so you can get the problem resolved. Any delay on your part now likely makes a resolution satisfactory to you more difficult to obtain because time is critical in battery warranties.

Smile

This thread is only one example of the value of not going it alone with a bus. My first bus involved going it alone for 6-7 years but doing so with great expense and mysterious problems. My stumbling onto POG brought a renewed excitement to owning and operating our bus. We use it a lot more and enjoy every minute of it. Meeting all the wonderful POGGERS over these past few years has added has added greatly to that experiance.
    Thank you all. We hope to continue with you for the next few years.
    Shirley & Harry
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    This thread is only one example of the value of not going it alone with a bus. My first bus involved going it alone for 6-7 years but doing so with great expense and mysterious problems. My stumbling onto POG brought a renewed excitement to owning and operating our bus. We use it a lot more and enjoy every minute of it. Meeting all the wonderful POGGERS over these past few years has added has added greatly to that experiance.
    Shirley & Harry
    Hey Harry does that include me to ???? Hope all is well wth you !! Sid Tuls

Well Stated Harry.

Mr. Skiffer: There is another promo line for POG "You don't have to go it alone"
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Hey Sid, Harry is still mad at you, we'll let you know when it's safe to return!

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    Shirley & Harry

Couldn't agree more Harry! I was about to be shaken down by Joe Schmukatelli's Mobile RV Repair and Wholesale Burritos when Truk mentioned POG. My right index finger was two knuckles into my nose trying to repair my Webasto when Mike Anderson stepped in and saved the day!

John

Sid: I enjoyed our encounters er I mean conversations. DaleJ is wrong I was never upset with you. I even sent you an email exponding on our new found friendship. Black and white cows? you were kidding right?
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali