Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting bus to fit garage

Default Getting bus to fit garage

We have 44' of 16' ceiling then drop to 11'10" will our 04 H3-45 fit in this space? If not can we adjust ht. with air? Front of coach is free of horns lights etc. Also, floor has not been poured and we thought about sloping floor. Approximately 4.5" drop in 42'. Looking for any suggestions anyone might have. PS ceiling hts. are if floor was poured level.

Thanks,

chtree

Hi Ch. My coach is approx. 12" 6" to the top of my Satelite dome at ride height. I can drop approx. 6 inches in front and/or back but not while driving. If you have not determined your ride height , you should find out as you will need to know this while travelling. You did not say what height your garage door opening is, is it 16 feet as well? I believe an H3 is approx 6 to 8 inches higher than an XL in ride height but you need to measure your coach.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

With our KVH dome and Datastorm dish our H3-45 is 13'6" tall

Alek

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Ideally I would have 14ft door and that would put the ceiling somewhere between 15 and 16ft.

Some buses are right at 13.6

Having built the perfect garage for a 40 foot bus, I found out the garage is not so perfect when I fit a 45 footer in it.

The lesson was simple. Build it as big as possible in all directions, especially height and length.

For an H3 I would consider anything less than 13'6" in height totally inadequate. If you have to lower the bus to get under a ceiling or door opening (as I do, and as others on this forum have to do) it is just a question of time before you damage something. If the inside ceiling height is 12 feet for example, an accidental switching of the level low system is going to raise the ceiling of the garage or wipe out everything on your bus roof or both.

You have megabucks invested in a coach. It makes no sense to not provide adequate housing for it. You will pay to do it right now, or you will pay later in repairs to the garage or bus. Trust me.

The garage has a 14' door and 16'+ ceilig for 44' then mezzanine at 11' 10". I was hoping that the bus's sloped front would allow it to fit at it's road level. We haven't brought the bus home from Nashville yet. We can slope the floor when we pour it in the next couple weeks and gain 3" to 4.5". From the prevost factory site I think that the front is only 11' 2" at the slope of the body right above the windshield.

thanks,

chtree

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Take a chunk out of that mezzanine. Is it wood frame?

With a saw not the bus

Or you have to have a good Pilot that will be watching how you drive in or back out from your garage that you will not damage anything on top of your roof eg: spot lite.
    JOE, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ?

Alek
    Last edited by Alek&Lucia; 02-25-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Aren't you two suppose to be leaving soon

Sounds like Alek knows something. Post it. We are constantly looking for nominees for the wide turn award.

Also sounds like advice about clearing the roof with room to spare.

Garages generally are used not only to keep the bus protected from weather, but to do some service work from time to time. If the bus is sitting low, and cannot be raised that is going to prevent doing any work that requires the bus to be up in the air a little. Maybe that is not important.