Thread: Santa Fe/Balloon Fest

Default Santa Fe/Balloon Fest

Anyone going to the the balloon fest prior to POGII? I'll be there the weekend prior to POG, Oct 6-9, for the Mass Ascension.

Tom,

I thought the Balloon fest was going on while we were at POG.

Mike

Mango,

Sorry I missed your post... It starts on the 6th and ends on the 15th. The Mass Ascension and Dawn Patrol is the 7th & 8th and then again on the 14th. Have fun with the big dogs at Osh, I hear your going to be getting a first class ride.

Thanks Tom, We'll be there on the 14th to view all.

Will send you pixs from OSH. I'm really looking forward to it. Especially the part where I get to sleep in the bus rather than under the wing

MM

Roger that.

Ooops, sorry Roger. Just agreeing that sharing ground space with bugs is fairly low on my list too.

Tom,

Can you believe I am going to Oshkosh with a couple of eunuchs? I have a generator and a fan and a chick in the tent with me and they have each other. What's up with that?

And I have a new water-proof tent as opposed to a "water resistant" tent, so that is a plus.

Had a small problem during the 8 hours of thunderstorms we had one night..........

My idea of roughing it is if one of my four cruise airs quits working. I respect folks that like ambient temperatures, sharing their blood supply with bugs, and canvas roofing materials.

Jerry,

Now if I was going, I would surrender the bus to you and your chickie babe and take your tent. The reason is simple.... If your going to the great world airplane event in Osh by plane, you are the MAN. The rest are just sightseer tourist and should be in awe of their fellow POG member who is truely an aviator. I also believe that one of our fellow Poggers is going all by his lonesome in 45' of splender and he should step up and surrender.

Have lots of fun, can't wait to see the posts coming from your tent!

For the record, there are two of us in 45 foot palaces that are going solo. Do we feel guilty because we plan on being comfortable?

Planes and buses are for different purposes. Planes get you somewhere, but are not intended as living accomodations, not are they to transport living accomodations. Buses also get you somewhere, albeit in a slower manner because they have and are living accomodations.

Also for the record, I like aviating, but there ain't nothing in aviation that involves a canvas house, public showers, or bug invasions. Mango is right. Rae is a saint.

lewpopp Guest

For those of us who are unable to attend POG II, would someone please take pictures of the 80 yr old judge. Of course we won't be in this wonderful contest, but we still would like to be a"breast" of things.

Thanks for the mamories.