Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 Escalade

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

The way the frame rails are on a Dodge pu are it is easy to work with. I built both the tow bar and the brackets. All from garage supply. It does not fold but it is WAY stronger than anything you can buy. It has a 2&5/16 tongue/ball.

I think I may stick to my bicycles & rent a car as needed...........

I agree with Jon in that CW is treating me like a drunk date.........
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Default Tow Bars

Go to this site and check it out. I purchased my Blue Ox tow bar for $200 from someone in Pa. Then go to Blue Ox site and by the Bracket package and have someone install. Save MEGA BUCKS! Dan

http://www.hitchtrader.com/SearchAds...&submit=Search
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

lewpopp Guest

Come on, you guys. This just a poor little rich kid with a Cadillac trying to stimulate the economy. Did you get the quick release deframasis for the port shots? You'd better check it out.

Camping world ups their prices at least 20% and then give you club members 10% off. They had me for a long time and believe it or not I wised up.

Jamie, We all seem to learn our lesson about CW. Big company, mostly nice folks but overpriced and (IMHO) very little expertise in their shops. Suggest you consider a local trailer hitch installer whose only business is installing hitches, towbars, brake systems, and related stuff. Try the yellow pages or you might call:
    Mikes Trailer Hitches
    Riverdale, GA
    770-472-3777
    Mike is also an M&G Brake Systems authorized installer. Take a look at their website: http://www.m-gengineering.com. This system has some significant advantages over pedal push systems such as Brake Master. Good luck.

The Lexa Country Coach I had before my Liberty, I purchased from a guy who had a blue ox tow bar for the Coach. He woulldn't sale me the Tow bar, who knows why. Anyway, I'm thinking there's probably a lot of that kind of stuff on e-bay. If I were to tow, I would want something simple , and not heavy.
    I rent cars as needed since we usually travel to a destination rather than touring.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Petervs Guest

Man you can buy an entire vehicle for the cost of all that gear to tow a big heavy vehicle.

My original approach was to tow a small car, that way you do not need brakes for it , it should be manual transmission so you don't need a drive line disconnect. I bought my Roadmaster tow bar and all the brackets for the car for a total of about $500.

I towed a Golf until recently when I accidentally left it in first gear. Oops. It weighed 2600 pounds. was perfect for getting around while traveling, and in a pinch could haul 4 people even.

That is why I think tow cars should be semi-disposable. Then you don't get too worried about hood dings, etc.

Lew,

I would like to thank you for your gracious reply. Having never met , I am very impressed with how intuitive you think you are.

I hope that the warmer weather will send your disposition into a more positive direction.

Have a great day!!!

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie.......see my PM to you.

lewpopp Guest

Thanks, Jamie, I consider your comment as a compliment considering the other retorts in the past.

I'm on my way back to being a land lubber. Too old to cut the mustard, but not yet too old to lick the jar.