Lakewood Yacht Service
    2301 Nasa Road
    Seabrook, TX 77586
    Telephone (281) 474-2885

Birdland Coach Service
    5115 Rosslyn #1
    Houston, TX 77018
    Telephone (713) 682-6323

If you know of any others, please add them. This is the most frustrating thing to try to get service on when you are on the road.

I'd like to add to Jerry's post. The folks that make the Cruise Airs are very helpful, and especially Fred. Again, my notes went with my old coach so I can't be more specific.

From experience I can tell you that the Cruise Airs have a sight glass so you can see if the refrigerant level is correct. The Cruise Airs take R22, somewhere around 1 pound 5 ounces (check to be sure) for a full charge. They are very reliable, but most local AC companies can service them.

Before pressing the panic button, make sure the filters are clean, and do not forget to clean the condensing unit coils, both jobs often overlooked until the Cruise Airs start acting up. If you have a coach with shutters make sure they are open in the front.

ken&ellen Guest

Default CruisAir update

Jerry, I saw a post and maybe it was on another site referring to updating to a solid state control. I have the older three switch system, which works fine, but I was wondering what the cost would be to update? Additionally, is it an DIY type endeavor? Ken

Ken,

I am working on it even as we speak. When I get it installed, I will post a full report, but the reality is that you can retrofit your old knob controls for an automatic system that is programable and somewhat easier to use with respect to setting a desired temperature and leaving it alone vs guestimating with the unmarked knob.

JW

ken&ellen Guest

Super. Looking forward to pics and your comments. Thanks, Ken

ken&ellen Guest

Default How did it come out?

Jerry, I would guess since you are on the road your conversion of the Cruise Air is complete? How is it functioning and was it very difficult? Ken

Ken,

I don't have the conversion done as I didn't want to change it all out right before I left and not have a shakedown on it. The good news is we have only used it a couple of times, but I will have the conversion made before we head out to the POG. I will put out a report before then.

The good news is you need to put Memphis on your list for the long weekend trip. We are having a large time and other than a thunderstorm last night, the weather has been very nice (shorts every day).

JW

ken&ellen Guest

Default CruisAir

Now that we have had a real opportunity to use our CruiseAir in Daytona....we will look real hard at the upgrade. Manual adjusting seemed to leave us too cold or too hot. Will you have the conversion done by the POG rally? Ken

Unfortunately, no. I got with the guy and we ordered the parts, but with the coach in the shop for the interior and the POG rally right behind, I won't start installing it until the first week of May. I will bring the info with me for you to look at.

I have the sheets folded such that they form a paper airplane with a V tail.