Thread: Private Coach Placard

Hybrid View

Default Private Coach Placard

Where can you get a " Private Coach " placard??
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Come to a rally. While the folks are sneaking around at night putting blow up dolls and sheep on other folks coaches, steal their Private Coach plackards.

Why do you need them?

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Come to a rally. While the folks are sneaking around at night putting blow up dolls and sheep on other folks coaches, steal their Private Coach plackards. Why do you need them?
    Probably so he won't have to argue with the chick in the toll booth on the WV turnpike (or another toll road) about whether his coach is commercial or private... double the price in WV for a commercial/tour bus!

I solved that in NH once. When the gal insisted I was a commercial bus despite the fact she was eye level with the Private Coach sign, I pulled on the parking brake, and told her I was going back into the living room to read a book until she decided we were not a commercial vehicle.

With traffic already backed up 1/4 mile behind us and building fast she still called her supervisor and was told to charge us the private rate. The signs didn't do anything to convince her, or she was illiterate.

In NY state on the Thruway we were given the commercial ticket on more than one occasion. Having been burned enough to know what class ticket we should have been given I also pulled up the parking brake every time. I have to tell you that the hiss of air brakes being applied has significantly more impact than signs. Especially if it is rush hour and traffic is building behind you. Getting out of your seat really gets their attention. Ironically, every single incident, from NH to NY, to other states that charge by private versus commercial rather than on number of axles or weight happened when we had NY plates and they were displayed on the front as well as the rear and private plates are unlike commercial plates and impossible to confuse for commercial.

Jamie,

What happened to the one on the bus? Did Debbie rip it off thinking it said Private Toilet...

Default Funny

Great story Jon. I'm still laughing while typing this post. I hope you don't mind if I use the same method next time they try this on me..

I did not think this would be so difficult................

Mine has lost it's luster ------ I guess I have washed it too much?

Or too many "sheep" visits have caused it to become dull.

I just need a new placard .
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Victor Dimera Guest

Hopefully you will find your answer Jamie when all the chit chat is finished