Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Range Fuel Crossover Hose

Default Long Range Fuel Crossover Hose

There was a discussion previously from someone who had to tear his bus apart due to a leaking crossover hose between the two tanks. While mine was up in the air this morning, I took a picture of the crossover hose under my Liberty. It is easily accessed and possibly it has been changed out in the past. Not sure if the foam has been cut away or if it was built as pictured. Mine has a total of 250 gallons, 160 + 90 according to the paperwork.

CIMG0067_1.JPG
    Last edited by truk4u; 02-16-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Is that a typo? I thought they were 160 and 90 gal.

Good eye Joe, I fixed it!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What the heck is a mechanical type guy with his own garage doing shelling out cash at a service center?????????????

Shame on you.

Well Joe I'll tell ya..... My 55 gallon waste oil drum at home is full and my drain tub is also still full. It's getting real hard to get rid of the oil. I had a guy that would take it and use it for a waste oil furnace, but he has changed over to propane. None of the County Recycle Centers or the oil change places will take the oil because of the quantity. Furthermore, it's still cold in GA, 29 this morning and my old bones don't do well laying on the cold concrete. You wouldn't know about that since your still a puppy. So, I was just going to start a new waste drum, but mama Truk said to just get it done at Prevost and worry about the next one while it's summer time. Gee, she's a smart women!

The cost of a level 1 service (no frills, oil, lube & filter) at Prevost is not all that bad and Jax did a nice job and I was gone in an hour. I kept hinting at A-1 for an opportunity to visit his pit while at PSL, but no joy, he wouldn't take the bait! I'm told service at A-1's is top notch, you can sit and drink beer while watching the work in progress. That's why the King is always sucking up

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Your age is affecting your thinking.

29 is mild

If you go to casa-del-garage be aware, you will be dealing with a "yapping" dog

He's been there.......he knows. I believe both our dogs were yapping at him and Nancy.

If he wanted to get his oil changed I would have let his aching bones climb into the pit. I like watching folks work. And I would have gotten rid of the oil for him. Here in Knox County they are still bright enough to recognize if they make it easy to properly dispose of oil, folks will do it the right way. But if they make it hard or expensive for folks to get rid of stuff then some ditch back along some dirt road is going to get the stuff.

I carry mine to the recycling center in old 5 gallon pails that deck sealer used to come in. They don't care if I bring 5 or 6 pails at a time. Ditto for old anti-freeze also.

The dog only yaps until he can get at you. Then he sniffs and goes away. He's easily satisfied.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    . . . The cost of a level 1 service (no frills, oil, lube & filter) at Prevost is not all that bad and Jax did a nice job and I was gone in an hour. . . .
    We're heading to Jacksonville in a week or so and I was going to have an annual level 3 service done. I looked at my last invoice and it was 4 hours to do that! If oil, lube and filters is an hour (worth it I think), does it really take 3 more hours to check things and drain tanks? I guess I paid for probably a lunch and a dinner break. I think I'll be hanging out with them this time.

Jim,

I can easily spend 4 or 5 hours beneath the coach changing oil, lubing all fittings, draining tanks, changing filters, changing coolant conditioning filter, checking coolant for the right chemistry, checking fluid levels in the differential and all hubs, checking brake pad or shoe thickness, inspecting hoses, belts, and giving the entire chassis (not the house) a good inspection.

If all I want to do is drop the oil, change the filters, lube the bus and push it out the door one hour is tight but possible. I guarantee you I will not be doing anything else, or inspecting anything.

I would suggest to you that you print out the Prevost Maintenance schedule available on the Prevost Car site, and follow the guy around checking off stuff as he does them. I think you will find to do a comprehensive job he will use every minute of the time and maybe more. Keep in mind the cheapest repairs are the ones you never have to make and a good PM and inspection is priceless if the mechanic finds and repairs minor issues before they become serious. I cannot overstress how important preventative maintenance is.

If you are getting a pencil inspection where the mechanic just checks stuff off without really looking that is a whole nuther issue, but if you are there following him and checking stuff off you should get the real deal.

jelmore Guest

Between now and Jacksonville, I will try to become very familiar with what needs to be done and be there while it is done. I don't have any choice but to hire someone to do these things so the more I know the better. I'm learning! Thanks for the help.