Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search--Need Help

Default Search--Need Help

I am not able to use the search feature with must success. As an example, I enter 'pro driver' and every thing from 'Indian burial grounds' to 'floor coverings' come up but, no pro driver info. I try 'thread' and 'post' neither selection are much different.

What is the secret?

Thanks

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LarryB View Post
    I am not able to use the search feature with must success. As an example, I enter 'pro driver' and every thing from 'Indian burial grounds' to 'floor coverings' come up but, no pro driver info. I try 'thread' and 'post' neither selection are much different.
    Many databases let you search different ways in a search field.
    These...
    pro driver
    "pro driver"
    pro AND driver
    ...all get the same result. Wish I could help, but I get the same result as you.

dreamchasers Guest

If their is a 'search' expert on the board, I certainly would benefit for any wisdom. I find the search function anemic, but this could be because of lack of knowledge.

Hector

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Something to try

Larry and Hector,

First, I am no expert on computer searches. Having said that there are two things that I might try. Enter Pro Driver, using upper case. If that does not work try using a short description of what function a Pro Driver performs. Heck, I don't even know what a Pro Driver is much less if I have one nor what functions it performs.

Hope one of these suggestions works for you.

Later ...

Everyone sit down and listen. I am the POG expert on our search/advanced search feature and I am willing to share some very important info.

IT DOESN'T WORK WORTH A CRAP!!

Cool

X2 what Ted said.
    If you do a search for say Pro Driver, well you are getting too smart all of a sudden.
    Remember no one pays attention to details such as spelling grammar and the like in the normal every day chit chat, so now when you want to search you must search in a like manner.

Type in prodriver in the (search by post) and you will get several to choose from, but you will have to read them all to find that none contain what you are trying to find.

JIM

Larry,

Whadya need to know? I have a manual and have used the Pro Driver for several years. Not an expert for sure. Will be glad to share info at Havasu.

Thanks to All for your info. I had a feeling it was 'just me'.

Brian, my bus came with a 'plastic shield' instead of Pro Driver. I want one, and would like a source and install info.

See ya in Havasu.

Also, an unrelated question. Do we get 'points off' or 'Demerits' if our bus is not up to Steve Benetts clean standards for the rally? [Sorry Steve] I'm at a friends house in Yuma and not able to wash the bus. Maybe the park at Havasu allows washing so I don't feel like one of the 'unwashed', any knowledge of this? I'll stop drifting now!

Default Wash

You can wash at Havasu as far as I know..

There is a local who runs a mobile detail too..

Desert Detail, 928.208.3199

His name is Dave.

Thanks Warren, I appreciate the info.