Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure Monitoring for $4.99/tire!

Fast Roger,

Stars = number of AquaHots he's sent to boot hill.

Mango Man

Default Wheel Balancing

Some use weights, some use equal however, I understand there is another product called COUNTERACT at least I think that is the name. Anyone had experience with this product? Thanks
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Default The second tire valve

Hi Joe, I would like to know more about the second tire valves you mentioned in your 7-16-06 post. Do you have polished Alcoa wheels or steel? Did you drill the extra holes yourself or have it done? Are the valves adjacent to each other or are they diametrically opposed? Please elaborate if you would. I can't imagine doing this successfully with hand tools.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE, JIM

Default H-I Hummer

Does anyone out there have an H-I Hummer? I seem to recall it has a tire pressure monitor readable from the cabin and is capable of filling from there as well. Can anyone elaborate on this and if it works well or not? It seems like one more thing to add to a bus to keep in repair but it sure would be nice.
    Maybe Sting could get this on his new bus and we could all copy it.
    JIM

Jim,

I have seen (but I can't remember where) sensors for tire pressure that are mounted on bands that go around the inside of the wheel before the tires are mounted. They send a wireless signal to a receiver. I don't know if they tell you pressures or just energize a signal if the pressure falls below a certain value.

I saw Joe's tire valves. He has polished aluminum wheels and he has the standard valve stems, but he had a second set of valve stems added 180 apart from the first. I don't remember his brand of pressure monitor, but on the second set of stems he has the wireless sensor (a fairly large black plastic device that screws onto the valve stem) and that sends a signal of low pressure to a small display box he has on his dash.

Joe's is a great idea.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jim, all I used was a drill. What a pleasure and convienence being able to check pressures with a push of a button.

Thanks to all for your replys. I continue to find it amazing how much knowledge and information can be shared in such a short time. After this discussion I am prone to spending LewBucks for the centramatic rather than expend the effort to drill valve stem holes and adding a media into the tire for balancing that may or may not cause a tire valve leaking situation. I am still busless and gathering information to help in making a purchase decision I will not regret. As an asside my wife Barb and I are planning to attend POG-III without a bus. I can not stand looking on from the sidelines any longer. I retired and sold my business last week and got my Medicare card today so it's all down hill from now on. JIM

Orren Zook Guest

There's another option for easy checking of tire air pressure. These are available in chrome or black finish, in packages of two or four caps and in five pound incriment from 20lbs to 130lbs. Simply replace your valve stem cap with these ones made by 'TireWise'. There is an o-ring in the cap for a positive seal on the valve stem, if your tire pressure drops more than 10% the indicator changes from green to red. The cost around here is $14 (plus tax) for a package of 4 and $8 (plus tax) for a package of 2.... chrome or black are the same price!! I've been using them for about 6 months with no problems and pressures are within tolerances when checked with my Milton pressure guage.

PB030415.JPG
    Last edited by Orren Zook; 11-03-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Woke up this morning to our tire pressure moniter alarm beeping. Front left tire 89lbs. But, no flat, no leak either, change in ambient temps.

Lew, in a previous post in this thread, thought we were weird or something buy suggesting that it was unnessary to adjust tire pressures when going from Chi. to Key West in Jan. when the temps. conciderably change.

When we left Chi. on Christmas day this year I remember it being just above freezing. Mind you that was mild, usually it is 20 or below pulling out. I put 100 even in all our tires and try to do this when the temp. is inbetween 70 and 75. The day we left, and just above freezing, the pressures were in the low 90s and although that is a little low that was in, what I concider, accepable peramiters. So we ran with it.

We are in Scottsboro Alabama this morning and its 24 right now.

Lew let me do the math as you requested. That would be an 11% drop in pressure with a 50 degree drop in ambient temp.This will also take place in reverse causing exessive heat and a terrible ride, not to mention blow outs.

Looking ahead it looks like its gonna be 0 in Chicago when we get back there the middle of next week and i'm guessen around 45 or so during the day down here. We will be leaving here with pressures at 105 or 110, because I will take the time to make that adjustment, and when the time comes this spring to head out again during warmer temps. we will readjust again.

Heres a pic of the moniter with the ambiant temp. about 80 and rolling about 45mph. Once again I put 100lbs at 70 or 75 degrees.
    The Keys 2007 118.jpg
    So, do you need to adjust pressures on ocasion over the course of any 1 given trip from time to time? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Insurance? Piece of mind? Saftey? This is some of the best LEW BUCKS I ever put out! 700 or so.

What I can't get over is folks are now shelling out astronomical bucks for these busses and the converters haven't yet thought it nessesary to include these devices?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 01-26-2007 at 07:22 AM.

Hey Joe,
    What are you going to do in Chi Town when you get back and its -Zero-?

Are you homesick for "PETE" or what???????????

Maybe your tired of walking the dogs with those little plastic bags.

JIM