Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure Monitoring for $4.99/tire!

Jon is Incomunicato but as his manslave he's asked me post this note about the LED tire gauge - be very careful.

He installed his right before our trip to OSH and one was blinging on arrival (left tag) and the tire was down about 10 lbs. He removed the LED and replaced the cap - no more leaking.

That night the other tag started blinking and by the morning was down about 20lbs. Since the device to read tire pressure activates the valve there is some seal within the device is leaking. If you add these to your tires please monitor closely.

Mike

PS Since Jon will be out digital contact at least until Wednesday night - feel free to take all those cheap shots while you can.

Just one more reason to stay on the Dark Side!

lewpopp Guest

I expect to be more careful than a lowly engineer when I install the monitors. He should have known better. Have Jerry sit on him.

The short version is I cannot recommend them under any circumstances.

They were checked for leaks after I installed them, and two failed. The only thing they did right was blink after they let my air out.

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring

Has anyone on POG tried one of the wireless radio frequency tire pressure monitor gadgets similiar to those advertised in the FMCA magazine? If so - can you recommend them?

My Brother in another SOB is out in Oregon - with a blow out on the inside dual, and as a result has been is some RV repair facility for 1 day getting his wiring harness repaired. The Blow out took out more than the tire!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Fast Roger, Cherokee Joe has them on his bus. I'm sure you'll be getting a report soon.

Please note that if you follow Jon to POG II at 62.5mph there is going to be a Fast Roger renaming committee.

MM
    Last edited by MangoMike; 09-14-2006 at 06:51 PM.

You mean like, "The Bus Owner Formerly Known As Fast Roger"?

That may well be the slowest 90 feet of stainless heading down I-40. MangoMike and I will do the "Missing Man" salute when we pass. For Lew. And his duct taped butt crack.

I'm not speeding up to 62 MPH for anyone. You guys can pick on me all you want, but by maintaing a speed slower than bugs I can travel cross country and not have to wipe various winged insects from my front end.

Hell, while you guys are still trying to scrape the bug collection from your front ends I will be sitting under my awning sipping on Virgin Mangoritas.

Roger will thank me for teaching him how to be at the front of a traffic jam, rather than in one.

Default What Jon is really saying

The inter office memo this am was : Speeds not to exceed 52 mph while everyone else drives at least 62.
    Pros:
    a: Diesel has not dropped at the same rate as gas - still too damn high.
    b: Won't kill as many bugs.
    c: MPG avg can't be matched by resturant entreprenuer or Texas/Oklahoma oil fighting, airplane flying, bus driving, you fill in the rest guy.
    d. Most important- no road rash on the BLING!
    e. We get to leave earlier. Remember the destination is not always the most fun, sometimes the trip is the most interesting part.
    f. send me some no doz.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Starman?

Jerry (JDUB ) Winchester: I had a chance to review some photos today of Your Royal- Question- Those Stars on the side are right attractive- What do they mean, are you a star, is that bling?, or you now General Winchester?
    that is a good looking handsome bus , even though its not a Liberty.

They are not like notches in your pistol handle are they?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost