Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure Monitoring for $4.99/tire!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Dalej, our toad has cold pressures of 35psi on a hot day they grow to 40. Our old camper had 65psi and they ended up around 75psi hot and a 100 psi tire will grow to around 115psi. In the winter months these increases are about 2/3 these amounts.

We agree, however I was referring to the guys that have lectured me on how they were so skilled they could discern by the "ring" the tires are properly filled.

We also agree about not using the pressure gauge at every stop because the risk of a valve not seating makes me want to be where I can deal with it if it decides to leak.

lewpopp Guest

Time to worry. Does everyone when they get to Florida let the air out of their tires wjen they arrive? I run my tires at 110# and if I check then en route, they can measure as much as 130#. I suppose if I came from Chicago, I guess I should let 20# out and I'm good to go, right?

110# at 20 degrees will make so little difference in pressure as me leaving the north at 50 degrees. Jon, you pipe in and run the figures, but I'll put Lew Buck on it that there isn't a hell of a lot of difference in the final heated tire.

I'm worried about the air pressure rising at certain times of the year, around January 1st. If you yawn, you'll relieve some ear drum pressure.

This is the way I deal with tire pressures. I don't know what the tire companies prescribe, nor do I know if there is a better way.

I check tire pressures before leaving on a trip. When in the north and heading south I expect the pressures to increase and I do not worry about it because I will be going back up north in a week or so.

Ditto, when the reverse is true.

But...my tire pressures are 5 lb. greater than the book values because more inflation pressure is better than less.

I thump the duals as previously suggested, but unless I have something that compels me to do an actual pressure check while away from home I do not do them on a week long trip, such as when going to Santa Fe this year. If my tire pressures held within a couple of pounds after sitting for a month or more in my garage, I have no reason to suspect tire pressure issues on a one week trip. I do look for any damage or nails.

dalej Guest

Hey Jon, I took my air horn front covers off and cleaned behind them also into the horns as far as I could reach. Still a bit nervous for POGII.

Yeah, but did you polish behind the horn button?

I can't believe we have another clown on this forum. Next thing you know you will be posting pictures of LEDs.

All I can say guys is maybe next year. This year I am King of Bling.

dalej Guest

Really Jon you should know me a little better by my posts. I took the covers off to paint them high gloss black so as not to draw attention to the roof. I'm going to paint my ugly cream Norcold basement fridge/freeze next (metalic medium silver).

Now that the tire issue is behind me, I can move on
    Last edited by dalej; 07-17-2006 at 08:19 PM.

"Do most of you guys have 12v running and marker lights that you convert to led's more easily? Seems most of the good stuff is 12v."
    ****1986/182000 mi.
    *****Owned since 1998

Now Dale......I know there is a lot of high secret stuff happening behind the scenes, and those who are acting like they are just passively going to watch the bling contest are the ones I fear most.

By the time a guy gets to working on the roof, an area unlikely to be seen by the 85 year old bling judge I know the guy is a world class bling competitor. You can't fool me.

Default Update

The tire pressure monitors are installed. My first reaction is they are fairly large and because of that I don't consider them as user friendly as they can be. They stick out and look odd. I will post pictures when I return unless Jerry or Mango can post from OSH.

I have no idea how they will work, but after OSH I will do some serious playing with various pressures to see when they come on and the quality of the light. On my outside drive wheel the LED faces the inside so I don't know how that will be visible.

One concern I have is whether I will have sufficient confidence to never check tires until a light lights. I think initially I will check them with conventional gauges to verify. I will keep posting my experiences.