Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WorldNav GPS anybody?

FYI, here is the hardware solution I mentioned: http://www.alk.com/pcmiler/pcmiler_navigator.asp

Other software products available on left-side navigation bar.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 01-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Thank You Ray
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

I have MS Streets & Trips w/GPS and I love it. Have been using it for about 5 years. For the most part, it will route you on good highways and streets. It is easy to make your own route; if you want to side track to a particular destination you just click and drag and it will re-calculate the route.

I like the 15" screen on my laptop as opposed to those small 5" screens on Garmins etc. I use the largest street name setting and I can easily see exit numbers and street names. It is mounted on a Jotto Desk right next to the driver's seat.

The new versions of Streets & Trips will talk to you, but I like the old versions better.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    FYI, here is the hardware solution I mentioned: http://www.alk.com/pcmiler/pcmiler_navigator.asp

Other software products available on left-side navigation bar.

Ray
    Ray, thank you for your help with this. We have put over 35,000 miles on the bus in the last 5 months, and I can tell you that a good GPS would really make a difference. In fact, I'd say that by now, I really know WHAT is missing from the average GPS. So if you know anybody that is writing software for these new units, and they want my list of what they should include, give 'em my number:-) And hey, what ever happened to your iphone app? When's that coming out. I'm all over that one once it hits he store.

See you soon, I hope.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    And hey, what ever happened to your iphone app? When's that coming out. I'm all over that one once it hits he store.
    Hi Adam,

I've figured out what the first app will be, and have started initial design work. I talked with Ken Z about my idea, and he liked it. I've been talking to other iPhone owners and programmers trying to flush out my concept.

Ken says I need to have it in his hands before his big summer trip, that's my goal!

Ray

Hey Ray,
    if you need any more input for your iphone app, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Adam

Tuga

Where do you place the GPS antenna?? Is it inside the bus or did you have to mount it on the roof? I am wondering if it will get a sufficient signal in the front winshield??

Thanks

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche