Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Coach Financing

Loan Ranger Guest

Default Motor Coach Financing

Anybody know of anyone having recent success in financing a Prevost coach older than a 1999 model? The availability of financing on a bus conversion over 10 model years old seems to have dried up in many markets.

Tully Guest

NewCoast Financial did my financing back in March 2008. It was a 1990. But a lot has happended on the financial front since then. Not certain if it is an option anymore.

They were the most flexibile of any lender I dealt with. I think the person I dealt with is Michael Lynch?

Others may have more info on this outfit. I was pretty happy with them.

Tully

P.S.

727-324-1360 NewCoast #
    Last edited by Tully; 01-20-2009 at 11:10 AM.

I've never financed a coach with them, but when we were looking at newer units than we ended up buying, I had these folks lined up to do the deal. They know Prevost conversions and are a first class bunch. Worth giving them a call.
    http://www.gcmfinance.com/sitemap.php

Call New Coast, they're one of our Sponsors!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default NewCoast Financial

Our dealings with this firm have been very satisfying. Mike Lynch was our contact also. He placed our loan with Regions Bank. No problems to date.

It is worth a call to him. Our coach was beyond the "10 Year Limit" when we purchased. I can't say how flexible any bank will be today on that rule of thumb.

Ours is with BB&T. My question is, has anyone tried to re-finance their coach given the current interest rates available?
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Quote Originally Posted by towsonengsberg View Post
    Ours is with BB&T. My question is, has anyone tried to re-finance their coach given the current interest rates available?
    I called several companies just to see what the current interest rate is these days, and the problem is the financing for a bus or RV is not considered the same as the finance for a house.

The Bus or RV interest rates have not come down, like the housing rates, at least that is what I found out?

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Loan Ranger View Post
    Anybody know of anyone having recent success in financing a Prevost coach older than a 1999 model? The availability of financing on a bus conversion over 10 model years old seems to have dried up in many markets.
    Have you thought of financing with an individual that has money to lend with their interest rate? This is the only way that we are going to be able to keep our OWN money safe. Not with any corporation that OBAMA will get. Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Another option might be to take a second mortgage on your house or if your house is paid for take out a first mortgage on the house and use the money to finance the bus. Sort of like a home improvement loan.

Gary, what is the difference in rates between house and RV?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Another option might be to take a second mortgage on your house or if your house is paid for take out a first mortgage on the house and use the money to finance the bus. Sort of like a home improvement loan.

Gary, what is the difference in rates between house and RV?
    Tuga, I told you to stop smoking that crap. And here I thought you were smart to be thinking about grabbing that SS cash while there was still something left in the pot.
    I got a letter from the social Security Administration today that states the following:
    "In 2017 we will begin paying more in benefits than we collect in taxes. Without changes, by 2041 the Social Security Trust Fund will be exhausted and there will be enough money to pay only 78 cents for each dollar of scheduled benefits. We need to resolve these issues soon to make sure Social Security continues to provide a foundation of protection for future generations."
    It's the "without changes" statement that we should be worried about. I've got a couple of years yet, but when it comes time, I think I'll grab what I can.