Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen and left for dead @ Prevost Nashville

The Prevost people are OK at what they do but don't expect a mechanic or Service Manager to step 5 feet outside of their world. Its not in the cards.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Blacklab,

I have been through what you just went through with the exception of the issues caused by cold weather. Coach plugged in at a Prevost facility but no breaker switch flipped on in an 02 XLII that had batteries less than 3 months old. Spoiled the food in the fridge too.

Over six months later the bus is at the convertor for a generator no start issue that went on for over six months before the problem was solved. This means that I had no shore (and no auto gen to come on) when the voltage dropped in the house batteries while the bus was at that Prevost facility for a week plus.

While the convertor has the bus back to work on the gen issue again, (remember, this is many months later) I get a call saying my house batteries are only good for about 20 minutes with no significant load, i.e. A/C. I reply that I have been expecting this day to come for for sometime now. While the bus was at Prevost, my new batteries were largely killed off and my auto gen is trying to start the gen over and over and over again which is taxing the fuel pump, starter, etc. Indeed, the fuel pump failed while the bus was at the convertor for the gen service. I say to the service manager that he needs to speak to Prevost because the convertor took my bus to Prevost (many months before) and they both were responsible for the batteries. After two or maybe three emails, Prevost sent me a massage to let me know they were taking complete care of replacing the batteries. This after I was initially informed by the convertor that I would be paying a prorated portion of the cost. I politely reasoned out the history of how the batteries came to their demise and all was taken care of. I could have reqeusted the fuel pump be taken care of also by Prevost and in fact the convertor suggested I ask Prevost to cover it but I decided to pay for it.

I keep very detailed notes and all emails associated with all service on the bus whether I can stay with the bus or not and those notes have paid off because I can read them back play by play down to the exact time of day, who I talked to about what, what the reply or replies were, etc.

If you can't stay with the bus, leave written instructions and make sure they are put on your service order and take a copy with you so you have some documentation when you go back to pick up the bus.

In this case, you left the bus in their care and they should take care of you.

Good luck,

Richard

Default My .07 worth about Prevost & Buddy Gregg

Well I would like to add my .07 cents worth to this Thread, about Prevost and one of the convertors I had to deal with at my last service.

My bus was at Prevost Ft. Worth for almost 7 weeks. What I had originally taken it in for, was to replace the roof in the slide with thicker ss. With this repair it was noted that I should also have stronger roof supports installed, I agreed and that was taken care of. Then when Prevost began putting the salon slide back in, they noticed I needed the newer slide out pins and mechanisms, and asked if it would be alright to replace them, since the slide was already out? I said sure go ahead and make it all correct and up to spec.

The three invoices that were sent to me for my records, totaled over $30,000: The COST OUT OF MY POCKET $ 0 All of the Slide Roof work was covered under Prevost Warranty, at NO COST to me. I am very happy about this outcome........

BUT several things on the inside of the bus during all of this work did get messed up, but not by Prevost, but by Buddy Gregg. Buddy Gregg was contracted to remove all furniture and fixtures in the slide. When we picked up the bus the day before Christimas, we noticed these mistakes, and notified Prevost and Buddy Gregg, and Buddy Gregg is stepping up and taking care of these issues as we speak.

I am a Novice at all this bus stuff, and NO I can not stay with my bus each and every time something is worked on, I would like too, BUT I just can't.

BUT let me tell you, I have been very happy with Prevost Ft. Worth, and so far the work and effort put forth by Buddy Gregg in Lewisville, TX. too!

I will let you know if one of them does me wrong, WHEN and If the time comes.

I feel bad for the people that have things happen beyond their control to their beautiful buss, but somethings just are OUT OF EVERYONES CONTROL. !

Gary S.

Tully Guest

I had a 1995 America Dream RV about a 1 1/2 ago. I took it to Camping World to have the roof looked at. Had a no start furnace. They put in a new circut and it worked again. After almost two weeks (with me calling each day) they finally said to come pick it up.

Same thing, no plug in issue. Coach sitting out in the parking lot. Would not start. Told them I brought the RV into them running- would expect I could take the RV home running? Was I asking too much here?

Then I go inside. Dirt and mud in the carpets. Grease marks dirty steering wheel.

I left thinking to myself two things:

1) Never just leave a vehicle without strict instructions. I myself cannot
    stay with the coach.

2) Never to go back. Once was enough.

I have had Joe C. do a lot of work for me. I noticed every time he entered my "camper" as he calls it- ALWAYS took his shoes off. Every single time.
    Just seeing that told me what kind of person I was dealing with.

When I came to pickup my bus, Joe had it running- nice and warm. Even said he would vacume the inside for me.

Im telling you, I wish I were Joe C. He knows what he is doing. If there is something he is not certain of- he tells you. That I like. He should be the
    main go to guy for all our repairs. I think we could keep him busy full-time.

My 2 cents.

Tully Lee Garrett

blacklab Guest

Good Morning, my bus is inside my heated warehouse. The water pump is on and have used all water fixtures and see no leaks. The Microflush air/water sequence valve and vacuum breaker need replacing. Thats all I can tell as of now. I will replace all the batteries. My insurance company (Progressive) will cover these expenses and will go after Prevost for compensation. I've keep them involved because the bus was at Nashville for repair work covered by my insurance. My agent tells me that they wrote over $500K worth of insurance repair checks just last year. So I'm sure they can get the money from Prevost better that I could. This thread has generated alot of comments, pro & con. When I brought the bus in for repair after my tag tire blew and messed up the wheel well, mud flaps and brackets, I was told that they could fix it in a few days. I did stay in the coach for two days waiting. George then told me that the parts would not arrive for about 10 days, so I rented a car and drove back to Mpls. Prior to leaving the bus I did walk both George and Mike (service managers) along with Fast Eddie (my inherited mechanic) through the coach systems and showed them what was on in the bays (heaters), the procedure of operating the glennding shore power cord and the main breaker needed to be on,and that the coach needed to be plugged in all the time. I did this with the assurance that the coach would be worked on during the day, because that shift employed the qualified person to do the repair work on the wheel well. I didn't think they couldn't handle plugging it in and flipping the main breaker. It is in the same bay btw. They got half of it right. Anyway, I'm confident that I will be compensated for the costs of batteries and toilet parts. I'll do the install myself. In the next time category, I will do things differently....................Live & Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    I had a 1995 America Dream RV about a 1 1/2 ago. I took it to Camping World to have the roof looked at. Had a no start furnace. They put in a new circut and it worked again. After almost two weeks (with me calling each day) they finally said to come pick it up.

Same thing, no plug in issue. Coach sitting out in the parking lot. Would not start. Told them I brought the RV into them running- would expect I could take the RV home running? Was I asking too much here?

Then I go inside. Dirt and mud in the carpets. Grease marks dirty steering wheel.

I left thinking to myself two things:

1) Never just leave a vehicle without strict instructions. I myself cannot
    stay with the coach.

2) Never to go back. Once was enough.

I have had Joe C. do a lot of work for me. I noticed every time he entered my "camper" as he calls it- ALWAYS took his shoes off. Every single time.

When I came to pickup my bus, Joe had it running- nice and warm. Even said he would vacume the inside for me.

Im telling you, I wish I were Joe C. He knows what he is doing. If there is something he is not certain of- he tells you. That I like. He should be the
    main go to guy for all our repairs.
    I think we could keep him busy full-time.

My 2 cents.

Tully Lee Garrett
    Tully,

I couldn't agree with you more....

dalej Guest

I think a few of us are starting to see.... JOE'S BUS & TRUCK in the Lakeland area.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Thanks guys it is appreciated.

Dale don't like the idea of property taxes and overhead. I think I will stay mobile.

I would consider planting at a campground in Florida for a few months every winter.

dalej Guest

With being mobile and caller ID you won't have to worry about complaints!

Joe does take his shoes off, but the marinara stains are a real pain to get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post

Tully Lee Garrett