Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen and left for dead @ Prevost Nashville

Default Don't Let this Slide

I would send an email to the National Service Manager of Prevost informing him of the situation and the subsequent damages. If I leave my vehicle in the care and "feeding" of their livery stable, I would expect my horse to be in good condition when I return.

It is comparable to when you sign the work order that you will pay, there needs to be a statement to the effect that they will take "good care" of my vehicle while in their possesion.

I once had an occasion to complain about my Prevost, I sent an email on Sat Nite to the National Service Manager, come Monday morning I had an email repsonse from Bill Jensen. (A very nice man and accomodating as could be). I would at least give it a try.

Squeaky wheels are usually the ones that get the grease. Just look what goes on in Washington DC while the silent majority gets crap crammed down our throats.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Yankee802 Guest

Yeah, squeaky wheel ALWAYS get the grease!

You guys are missing the point. If your coach gets screwed up while in someone's care, even if they fix what was damaged you still suffer without your coach while the same people that weren't capable of knowing it was being damaged, get the chance to fix it.

It's kind of like the government getting us into this financial mess and then being the same ones to get us out of it.

What's wrong with that picture?

Jon,

I see your point with a Prevost tech not knowing the different converters layouts, and it is a valid point. However, that is not the level of service that I am accustomed to.

I left my coach with Newell for 30 days to have some body work done (my son-in-law reared-ended a pick up truck in traffic). When I returned it was parked outside in one of the 50 amp sites, plugged in, washed, and cleaned & vacuumed inside. It had been sitting in that site for 7 days until I could get there to pick it up.

I think Prevost could have at least plugged the bus in to a 50amp receptacle. Edited: It was plugged in, sorry I read it wrong.
    Additionally, how about a phone call to the owner asking how to turn the heaters on? It seems like a small effort on Prevost's part to prevent the possibility of cracked plumbing and ruined batteries which could result in many dollars of repairs.

The long and short of this deal is: Is the customer happy with Prevost's service?
    Last edited by merle&louise; 01-20-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: My error, read initial post wrong
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

The fact that they plugged in Blacklab tells me they were aware of potential trouble if they did not and if they do not want to be responsible for anything after repairs are finished they should put that in writing right now.

I would never do this but those of you who do would be served well if these things were discussed and put in writing beforehand.

Either that or find someplace or someone who will

Tuga,

There is a huge difference between having the converter care for the coach compared to Prevost.

Prevost is the chassis expert. Consider the number of converters (both motorhome and entertainer) and how each may have a different way of setting up the electrical and heating systems. I couldn't begin to know how to keep your batteries charged or your freeze protection heating operating in your coach, or a Country Coach, a Marathon or even a different vintage Liberty with the Crestron.

Then consider the Prevost situation. They run around the clock, and have possibly 20 or 30 coaches in the lot at all times. If the day shift doesn't finish the repairs, the next shift takes over. So who has responsibility to insure the coach is plugged in, heated and the batteries being charged? The tech that starts the job, the tech that finishes the job, or the guy that parks it and plugs it in? Who is responsible to go through the coach every few days to check on it. I would not have a clue how to tell battery or house voltages on your coach. The difference is that Newell built your coach. They know it from the ground up. They are a small operation relative to Prevost.

But forget that. I worry about my coach and no matter how much I trust a mechanic, if he screws up I am the one that gets it in the shorts. When Blacklab has to replace a couple thousand dollars worth of batteries in three months how will he prove it is Prevost's fault? If he has mold spreading throughout his coach because a hairline crack in a water line shows up in a year how will he prove Prevost did it? How exactly will he win, even if he has to take it to court to prevail.

Remember, Prevost is now the outfit that ships the wrong air bags to Joe and basically tells him it isn't the equivalent of what was supplied with the coach, but tough shit because that is what the book calls for. We are discussing this on several different levels, but when you put it in the context of Blacklab's situation the outcome was predictable no matter who is deemed to have the ultimate responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    They did have it plugged into shore power but failed to switch on the main breaker! (In the same bay as the glendinning in/out switch and not hidden).
    Blacklab,

Sorry for your problems, but I have to be on the Prevost side. Like you said your coach was plugged in to 50A outside post.
    What Prevost tech did not do, he did not turn on, because he had no idea that we Royale owners have, is a secondary/safety breaker that is inside of the compartment/bay. I think it was your duty to turn the inside breaker on or inform Prevost about his existence.
    Next you said that your chassis batteries where dead. There is no defference if your coach is plugged in or not. They are only charged when the engine is running. I think you have weak batteries, check how old they are.
    Another thing, like Jon said we should always stay with our buses during the service. That is what I do. In case of power interruption: Summer (risk of food in the refrigerator going bad) or Winter (frozen pipes).
    Also Entertainers pay for their hookups, for us it is only complimentary service, and we should be thankful for that.

Alek
    Last edited by Alek&Lucia; 01-20-2009 at 02:18 PM.

I don't think your suction is in the right pit. Last time I was at Prevost, I pulled up and the man was standing right by the coach with the keys. It had been washed and the carpet steam cleaned. And that was 5:45pm on a Friday before a holiday.

They exceeded my expectations.

You gotta spend a night, day or two at Nashville! The place is like Grand Central Station for buses. Entertainers, Private Buses and other's renting parking space. The Techs do their shifts and go home. For the most part, they don't have a clue who or what's on the yard and the buses come and go 24/7.

I haven't had a bad experience there, but you couldn't pry me away from my bus with a crow bar. I don't think it's realistic to expect any repair facility to check your bus for Power, Heat, A/C, Water, Battery Charging and TLC!

Step up boy's, it's your responsibility!

This happen to me .............. In October though ... only my fridge food got ruined !!!

I left the bus in Nashville for 3 days & upon my return they had forgotten to plug the bus up. Actually , the wash people screwed up ( so the story goes ), but anyway I realized that I should not expect these people to look after my belongings AS I WOULD!!!

George was very sorry that this happened, but at the end of the day I was out and they were sorry.

I do not feel we can blame others for not looking after our " babies" the way we do.... these guys are trained to repair seals & fix leaks & replace parts...
    After that their responsibility ceases.....

Such is the way of the world.........................
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche