Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wabasto Water Circulating Pump

dreamchasers Guest

Default Wabasto Water Circulating Pump

I need to replace a hot water circulating pump on my Wabasto unit. It is a 12 volt unit, so that eliminates any Prevost replacements (the Prevost parts catalog only list 24 volt units). Country Coach is not answering their phone. They state they are restructuring (a realignment of resources is much needed in the support area for sure).

I would prefer an exact replacement for ease of replacement. Any ideas of where Country Coach gets these 12 volt hot water circulating pump?

A Side Bar:
    I removed the faulty water pump to clean the brush contact area on the armature to get a little more service while searching for a new replacement. When removing one of the pumps in the crowded area where the Wabasto is mounted, dealing with the antifreeze that will leak out is a problem (The Wabasto is located lower that the engine and the exchangers located in the coach). I used two short pieces of 1/4" X 2" flat bar clamped together with a 4" inch 'C' clamp to clamp each the green hoses shut to prevent water leakage. It worked great! FYI
    I had read on the forum that converters have a special pair of vise grips that are designed to clamp hoses, but do not have one in my tool bins.

Hector

Good idea with the clamp and bars Hector. I have seen the pliers in use and while they do the job, I have wondered if they were too harsh and one might possibly damage the hose with them. I like your idea better as you have better control over the possibility of crushing the hose material and causing internal damage.

Here is a link to a pump, hope it is what you need.

http://www.chandlerequipment.com/bre...es/page221.pdf
    Probably not whatyou had in mind eventhough it says Webasto.

Here is another for the Ametek pump. http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/5288

http://www.ametektip.com/index.php?o...=65&Itemid=107

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 01-17-2009 at 08:45 PM.

lewpopp Guest

Hey Jim,

You seem to have a library of web sites ready for us to use and that's very nice. Do you have a secret way of catagorizing them for easy access?

Default No

There all out on the Web, Lew. You just have to think of the right way to word the search.

JIM

Hector,

When I had my Country Coach I remember that the water circulating pumps for Webasto were made by MP Pumps. I had 2 of them.
    www.mppumps.com

dalej Guest

Hector,

I had to replace mine back in 2000. I used a Bergstrom 868-192

Could be Part # 6600-0784, but I think this is a local part # for the 868-192 from the place I bought it.

ps, I have a new one on the shelf if you need it.
    Last edited by dalej; 01-17-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Hector,

Give a call to Bob Lee's place in Eugene. First, have a look at the schematics that came with your bus, may well have the exact part number (Country Coach), make and manufacturers model as well. I don't know if I would bet on an off the shelf replacement, flows, pressures ...all that stuff, may well be engineered for the system that you have, although that entire Webasto thing is a dinosaur piece of equipment.

From what I hear, that Fat Lady is just about to walk on stage for her infamous song; seems that Bob Lee and his family own all of the manufacturing facility real estate in Junction and are making moves to collect it for non-payment of rent. Oh Well......................just read where Sears/K-Mart may be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Hector,

When I had my Country Coach I remember that the water circulating pumps for Webasto were made by MP Pumps. I had 2 of them.
    www.mppumps.com
    BTW: My last Country Coach was 1996 model

Alek

dreamchasers Guest

Default Found It!

To bring to closure to this post, below are my research results. The pump is manufactured by March Pumps, Glenview, Ill, www.marchpump.com.

My Country Coach uses what I would consider 'high end' coolant circulating pumps. These small units have a bronze pump fluid enclosure. They are driven by a 12 volt, magnetically connected motor (no mechanical seals!). And are sold for a pricey $298.00 each. I purchased one unit and will rebuild the old one for a spare. With new bearings and brushes, these little rebuildable guys will last a long time.

These are direct replacement for my pumps, including mounting bracket.

My pump is model# 809-BR-HS-C-12, P/N-0809-0146-0300.

Here is a link for a reference sheet.
    http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/wab...r cir pump.pdf

Here is the link for the pump manual.
    http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/wab...ump manual.pdf

Probably not interesting to all, but for us Country Coach owners 'sort of, almost' on our own, the information is worthy.

Hector
    Last edited by dreamchasers; 07-02-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Excellent news. I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to forward the PDF files to Jim, so that they could be included in our library ? Someday we're not going to remember to look for this thread.

Ray