Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oldies but Goodies

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Nothing would make me happier than to have the time and money to convert one of those classics.

But then again a few more years and that is how our current bus is going to be viewed.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 01-16-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Great Pic's Ken, I'll take the Scenic Cruiser, it's fantastic..

Ken,

Anymore pix of the Silver Side....it's in one of your pix, the champagne 35' GM coach built for Greyhound in the late 40 thru very early 50's, wanna think it is a model PD3751/4151, but could be wrong. I have looked for one of those for years, unfortunately most of them are way too far gone. 671 Detroit with a Z drive, four on the tree.............that's nostalgia! Greyhound took delivery of 2000, that's right 2000 of these things between 1947/48...where did they all go?

When I was a boy a good friends Dad owned Barrett Transportation Company, they had a dozen of those Flexibles, all brand new with the big air scoop. All painted up in dark green and cream, the original San Francisco Airporter....get off the United DC-7 from Idlywilde get on the Airporter and off to Union Square...those were the days!

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 01-17-2009 at 09:31 AM.

This is a little off of the thread but:

At the Oklahoma City Rally could someone please do a seminar on how to post pictures? I think that a lot of us have trouble, and if someone (Ray or DaleJ) could help us "hands on" I think that we could have a better forum.

My problem is getting the darn picture to load when I browse. I use Picasa and I just can't get the picture to come up when I click on browse. I used to be able to post pictures when I used MY PICTURES on Windows XP but I changed to Picasa and now I can't figure out how to get all of those pictures in Picasa back to MY PICTURES in Windows XP.

Is anyone else interested in learning how to post pictures?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Ken, Very nice pictures. I would like to see these in person. When Paulette and I were much younger, (23 years old)(38 years ago) we sang in a gospel trio, and for about a year we traveled on weekends in a 1947 with a 471 engine.

Unfortunately, it was not in the condition that these buses appear to be. We sold it and moved "down" to a brand new 28' 1973 Champion motor home. Just in time for the first significant gas price increase.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Smile Of A Different Kind

The name of the bus made me think of this one!

http://www.last.fm/music/Sergio%2BMe.../Mais+que+nada

Play it you'll like it.

JIM

Thanks Ken. You're making it look like there's much more to the Quartzite gig than meets the eye. Old buses are big-time cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianE View Post
    Thanks Ken. You're making it look like there's much more to the Quartzite gig than meets the eye. Old buses are big-time cool.

I remember as a kid riding on those vintage coaches or buses. It would be fun to drive one around town or maybe 50 miles, but I remember how noisy they were, how harsh the ride was, how much smoke spewed from them, and how small they were. I am not so sure they are as big time cool as they might seem to be. I think they would be as practical to own and drive as using a car of that vintage routinely. You don't realize how good the vehicles of today are until you drive something from a previous era.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I am lookin forward to the next campground we roll into that has the 10 year old or newer rule cause we ain't hiding her age any longer.

She will be 25 this year and if it ain't good enough for any particular campground we don't want to stay there anyway

Yankee802 Guest

Joe, you refering to your '86? It's only 23 years old, mine is however 25.

Besides, we don't fall into that 10 year old rule, we have Prevosts. :P