Thread: Elevator action

Yankee802 Guest

Default Elevator action

When rasing the bus up to full height, how do you know it's at it's full height? Is there a danger of over inflating or bursting the air bags?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

No harm. If you never replaced your webasto filter do it. I doubt if the slight short cold snap gelled your fuel

dalej Guest

If you have a aux. air compressor I would make sure the regulated pressure is at 120 or below.

I have a aux. compressor that is set at 135 psi shut off. I have the regulator set at 120 pounds.

Yankee802 Guest

On a similar note, I noticed my front tires were looking low, and checked and found them at 90lbs, so I tried to top them off with the aux air, took forever to get them to around 100lbs, but couldn't get them any higher. Is it just my aux air is weak or does everyone experiance this? Does the low ambient temprature cause the air pressure to drop, causing me to overfill my tires when the temp goes back up?

Geoff,

Your air compressor upper limit may be close to the pressure you are trying to reach in your tires. If you want to air up the tires faster either increase the pressure by adjusting the switch (not necessarily a good thing to do) or start the engine and use the air pressure generated by the engine driven compressor. That is likely to supply 125 PSI air.

It just seems longer to fill because it is cold out and you are freezing you butt off.

Colder temps will cause a drop in the tire pressure and when it warms back up the pressure will increase.