Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue LED's

ken&ellen Guest

Talking Blue LED's

I guess we have crossed over to the Dark Side. We installed blue LED's in our entertainment bay with the TV & refrig. The blue is a soft background and the LED's do not draw much power. We have had many positive comments at the campgrounds. Ken & Ellen

Welcome my son to the Dark Side...

They all come home eventually. Jon's arrival is forthcoming.

DarkMango

I'm going the other way. I have the kerosene hanging lanterns all ready for POG II.

I'm really disappointed in Ken and Ellen. They seemed like such nice folks.

Hey, there is some confusion here! The dark side is NON LED, is it not?
    Jon, help me here, we don't want to be on the wrong side and become an LED weenie...

dalej Guest

Boy I'm kind'a wondering if we need to stay at POGII longer...by the time we get done looking at all the places the LED's are, it will be time to go home! I'm starting to think all the Prevost owners are just going to be talking LED's, except for Jon, I think he will need a friend.

lewpopp Guest

Jon does need friends. Stick close to him so he looks important. Jon stopped fast and we had to pour a bucket of cold water on Jerry.

Now, are you telling us that blue LED's use up less power than clear or other color LED's? I doubt it. The softer loght could be from a less powered bulb but the amount is nearly immeasureable.

Ben Guest

Whatever you do, don't go following Mango and Jerry with those wimpy 8 LED side marker lights with colored lenses. I don't know what they were thinking it's like upgrading from their old circa 1973 bulbs to 1990's bulbs.

If you're going to go LED, then go all the way...

I saw a set of these SuperBrite LED side marker lights (or something just like them) on a Country Coach when I was at one of the Prevost service centers. They have TWENTY LEDs in each one! Not only that, but the lens is clear and the plastic reflecter that surrounds the LED's looks like chrome, so they disappear into the polished stainless when they are off and they blind you when they are on. They look very cool going from clear/chrome to amber when they are blinking.

The guy that had them on his coach said he picked them up at a Chrome Shop near a Flying J's in Texas... might have been just South of Dallas?

I found them here: http://vehiclelight.com/2x6cr.html

Here's another shot and another supplier:

http://www.truxaccessories.com/openi...led_clear.htm#
    They have all sorts of clear LCD setups, so have fun browsing.
    Last edited by Ben; 07-12-2006 at 01:46 AM.

Ben has just proven the rule as relates to trying to keep up with the Jones'.

This is true whether you are buying a new coach or trying to update the old one.

The guys that thought they were on the cutting edge in April, and have been thinking they were ahead of the curve are going to show up in Santa Fe with vintage LEDs. I love it.

I on the other hand have maintained the original integrity of my coach and it is a rare, unmodified and very valuable pristine example of how coaches should be.

All you guys with LEDs, eat your hearts out.

dalej Guest

I can see the day when there will be two web sites, presvotownersgroup.com and POG-LED'ers.com

Fragmentation....

LEDs vs non LED
    Slide vs No Slide
    OTR vs other system
    Roof air vs Cruise Airs
    Open bath vs Private toilet
    Booth vs Table and chairs

I can't imagine what blood will be spilled it we start debating which converter.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.