Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Progressive Industries PT-50

Exclamation

I heard the company was coming out with a dual unit and an automatic transfer switch between the two.
    That would double their sales and everyone would go for it.
    Those that do not checkup on their buses daily need something like that to know if their bus is getting the charge it deserves.

JIM

I made that up.

Jim, You need to thaw out. You have been in the snow too long. Come to Florida !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Wink I Can't Get Out

The snow is 4' high in front of the door

JIM

I think Jim is one of the guys behind the fence.

Maybe we need to spring him out.

He is sitting up north in 4 feet of snow working on a computer with a bad hard drive, looking at a truck with a blown engine, yet he has a perfectly good bus sitting somewhere that could be used to get him to warm, snowless locations where I expect his sanity will be restored.

Jim, until we all get up there to help you escape, keep taking your meds.

Talking One Of These Days

This is always a bad time of the year for me. (you probably already know that by my posts)
    Next year will be different, FOR SURE, I hope.

Jonnie will back me up on this, don't ever come around here in the winter unless you absolutely have to. The lake effect snow, the bitter winds and drifting snow under dark overcast skies, with salt on the roads dripping from everything and in the air to be breathed in by gasping lungs.

Get the picture. This isn't called the RUST BELT for nothing!

When you all gather on the 28th raise a glass to me on my birthday (your tab ) and think poor guy we sure miss you. Hey Eric tell another joke!

JIM

Jim,

You are preaching to the choir. Jamestown NY, Panama, NY, remember? The year we left (Jan. 2nd 2000) they had 320 inches of snow.

I don't ever want to drive in that again. Did an approach and landed in it Sunday, but was out of there 30 minutes later.

Ditto the choir preaching there Jimmy C.... Left Brockport (lake affect) in January 1981, moved to Bradenton, FL and haven't looked back. Nancy was born and raised there, we only visit in July/August. Nothing prettier than upstate New York in the summer though!

Next year, you need to have the sun shining on that Liberty in the winter.

Well my replacement Progressive unit has bit the dust. And I'll bet I didn't use it 4 times. I have to think like Jon, yes that hurts to admit for sure, but if it just craps out plugged into the hanger, what confidence is there that it would catch a power surge? Or maybe there was a surge and that's why it isn't working, but you think there would be an error code for that.

When I plug it in, it reads all the voltages, shows no errors, shows no amperage and there isn't an amp of power coming out of it. I have to think the progressive guy is going to get tired of me sending this thing back.

Anyone else out there with a new failure to include?

Yes Jerry, I have sent my unit back three times already. And your right, on this go around I couldn't tell the thing wasn't working. I had digital display and everything seemed peachy........BUT NO POWER TO THE BUS. I sent it back, and the senior rep called me and said they started to send it back without doing anything to it, but he ran another couple of tests on it, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, there was something wrong with the unit. He fixed it, and sent it back to me, NO CHARGE.

They do stand behind their products, NO MATTER, how many times we send it back, which is a good thing for sure.

I still think I would rather be safe and use this product than take chances on the power at parks without it !!

Gary S.

I have had good luck with mine and they have been really good on replacing them, there is that quirk of letting them cycle for around 2-4 minutes when you initially plug them in before they allow power to flow to the bus....I assume you are aware of that?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2