Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Another newbie question

I removed mine for several reasons. One was because I didn't want my Brake lights to come on after passing an Eighteen Wheeler. Sometimes you accelerate to pass and hit the Jake to slow back down. When they see Brake Lights it just pisses them off because they think you are giving them a " Brake Job."

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Yankee802 Guest

'Brake Job'?

Yank, Don't know about you but when someone passes me on the Interstate and as soon as they get in front of me they hit the brakes I become slightly irritated. Also called a " Brake Job " down here in the South.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Yankee802 Guest

Oh, I can see how it would piss someone off, just didn't know if the term had more meaning or something. I need to find out if my Jake activates the lights.

Judi Brown Guest

Default h3 40 Liberty

Hi
    We have never figured out how to put a new post on, so I watch for something close, this not close , but can't wait any longer as husband is
    on my case. He says that we only need air for toilet when parked and wants to put a little compressor for just that, so aux. compressor is not cutting in.
    (every 15 min. ) He thinks that is easier than trying to find leaks.Maybe some 1 can help me with both problems.
    Thanks JudiB.

Cool Air For A Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Brown View Post
    Hi
    We have never figured out how to put a new post on, so I watch for something close, this not close , but can't wait any longer as husband is
    on my case. He says that we only need air for toilet when parked and wants to put a little compressor for just that, so aux. compressor is not cutting in.
    (every 15 min. ) He thinks that is easier than trying to find leaks.Maybe some 1 can help me with both problems.
    Thanks JudiB.

Judi, one thing at a time.

Go to the POG main page, and find a category that suites your topic.
    Click on it to select it.
    Look about 1/4 down that new page and on the left on top of all the Threads in that category, you will see "NEW THREAD" Click on it and on the new page that appears enter a title "Name" for your thread.

Hit the tab bar or with the mouse bring the cursor to the body of the post and type away.

The question about your husband, well, I don't know. Your on your own with that.

Seriously, try to find your air leaks, but if it is a matter of emergency air for the toilet, then by all means pipe in a small compressor for it.

Keep it right in the bath area so it's a pain to deal with, or you will never get rid of it.

JIM

Judi,

Yes you can add another compressor to the two you already have, but your problem still exists.

Think about it for a moment. If you add a small compressor dedicated to the toilet, where and how do your hook it to the air lines? If you disconnect the air lines from the rest of the system (where the leaks are) then you are at the mercy of a small compressor. If that compressor quits, what is your back up? Right now you have the aux compressor and the engine driven one. If you leave the current air line connected, and you "tee" into the line with the new compressor, it will run as much as the aux compressor does now.

It would be a lot easier just adding a compresed air tank and a check valve. At least you would get X number of flushes before you had to run the engine or turn on the aux compressor.

For the amount of screwing around adding a compressor it seems the same amount of time can be spent finding the leaks and curing them.

Wouldn't you rather have the coach right than all cobbled up?

My compressor runs a couple of times a day depending on how much i use the air doors and the toilet. If your aux compressor is running more than what you consider normal, I would start looking for the leak.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Judi Brown Guest

Default h3 40 Liberty

Thanks Jon
    That makes more sense. He knows there is a leak in seat and that is where he is going to start. JUDIB

Judi Brown Guest

Default h3 40 Liberty

Hi Jim
    I forgot to thank you also and maybe i can post the right way from now on
    Thanks Judib