Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another newbie question

Hybrid View

Yankee802 Guest

Well, I still have no intentions on driving unless my suspension is in the 'normal' position. But it's good to know that in certain cases it could be done, like finding yourself at a low overhang and no way to turn around, or to get it in a barn. I'm just thrilled to be able to let it sit on the ground at the camp ground without adverse effects.

Ok, now I'm currious. How much HIGHER can she go above 'normal'? I don't know why anyone would want to, but now I'm currious.

About 4" up or down from ride position.

Raise up to get over the speed bumps in the Nashville airport.

Raise it up to put the support stands under the bus.

Raise it up to scrub your wheel wells with a brush.

Raise it up to exercise the bags. (get out all the wrinkles)

Raise it up to see if it will.
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 01-13-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Geoff,

All that being said, Jon's custom jackstands (or blocks) allow you to deflate the airbags and not have them squished and folded. While it's obvious many buses sit for long periods with deflated suspension, it's hard to believe it doesn't shorten the life of the rubber. Just a thought.

Since we have been homebound since the Oysterfest I have had the bus sitting on the stands, the air dumped and the tires off the ground so I can turn the wheels to make wheel polishing easier.

I just released the emergency brakes and left it that way for about a month so I could go out and polish a little at a time.

I like raising the bus all the way up and then getting the tires off the ground because that is how to make my tires last longer than Peter's.

Jon, How do you shut off the Emergency Brake audible warning. Is there a relay to pull out like the one you showed me to turn off the brake lights when I use my Jake Brake ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jon we just drove up from Florida with 10 year old drive tires (with probably better than 90% tread left).

Something tells me all the preventative measures in the world will not keep those tires on your bus for that long.

These tires are so cracked I never thought we were going to make it home without issue but we did.

Made sure they all had 100psi and kept the speed to under 65.

I have talked with my tire guy and he is nabbing the next good matched set of 4 used 11-22.5's for the drive axle. After reading a post on another forum suggesting this I decided it would be a great way to go for us. What we will probably end up with is tires that are around 1 year old with 30 or 40% tread for about 100 bucks a piece.

That's Prevo for a lot less

Judi Brown Guest

Default h3 40 Liberty

Hi
    We have never figured out how to put a new post on, so I watch for something close, this not close , but can't wait any longer as husband is
    on my case. He says that we only need air for toilet when parked and wants to put a little compressor for just that, so aux. compressor is not cutting in.
    (every 15 min. ) He thinks that is easier than trying to find leaks.Maybe some 1 can help me with both problems.
    Thanks JudiB.

Cool Air For A Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Brown View Post
    Hi
    We have never figured out how to put a new post on, so I watch for something close, this not close , but can't wait any longer as husband is
    on my case. He says that we only need air for toilet when parked and wants to put a little compressor for just that, so aux. compressor is not cutting in.
    (every 15 min. ) He thinks that is easier than trying to find leaks.Maybe some 1 can help me with both problems.
    Thanks JudiB.

Judi, one thing at a time.

Go to the POG main page, and find a category that suites your topic.
    Click on it to select it.
    Look about 1/4 down that new page and on the left on top of all the Threads in that category, you will see "NEW THREAD" Click on it and on the new page that appears enter a title "Name" for your thread.

Hit the tab bar or with the mouse bring the cursor to the body of the post and type away.

The question about your husband, well, I don't know. Your on your own with that.

Seriously, try to find your air leaks, but if it is a matter of emergency air for the toilet, then by all means pipe in a small compressor for it.

Keep it right in the bath area so it's a pain to deal with, or you will never get rid of it.

JIM

Judi,

Yes you can add another compressor to the two you already have, but your problem still exists.

Think about it for a moment. If you add a small compressor dedicated to the toilet, where and how do your hook it to the air lines? If you disconnect the air lines from the rest of the system (where the leaks are) then you are at the mercy of a small compressor. If that compressor quits, what is your back up? Right now you have the aux compressor and the engine driven one. If you leave the current air line connected, and you "tee" into the line with the new compressor, it will run as much as the aux compressor does now.

It would be a lot easier just adding a compresed air tank and a check valve. At least you would get X number of flushes before you had to run the engine or turn on the aux compressor.

For the amount of screwing around adding a compressor it seems the same amount of time can be spent finding the leaks and curing them.

Wouldn't you rather have the coach right than all cobbled up?