Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger in Yellowstone

Default Roger in Yellowstone

Roger came through some rain today and got his new bus dirty, so he stopped by and got me to wash it for him. Of course, he wanted me to chamois it also.

The bison decided to take a close look at Roger's new ride. He and Micki have a beautiful CC, and I am sure they are going to get several years of enjoyment out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 09-10-2008 at 01:35 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,
    When you get back to FL, will you come over and wash our bus? Please bring the bison also.

Bonnie

That SURE is a pretty bus! And Dale, looks like you're doing an excellent job for the King!

Ain't it time to head to Spearfish!!!

ray

Default Buffalo and Busses

Hey Truk: That don't look like no blow up cheap sheep stuff from acme. Those look like the real thing. Or has JDUb and Mango been working overtime in the R & D dept of the Acme Co. ?

The way to tell if they are real or not -- If they leave stuff on the ground, Don't step in it!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Sure is a pretty coach Roger and Micki!!

Debi and Bob

Great pics. I'll have to show you guys a few of the tatonka (buffalo) surrounding our goldwing this past season. And yes, they do dump right next to the bike if they have a notion to do so. Now you know Roger, how we got the big nuts.

Default Yellowstone Puffing Smoke?

Dale and Paulette:

I hear on the news tonight there's some increased volcanic activity going on in or around or under Yellowstone and was just wondering if you guys are heading back there again this year.

I know when we visited yall there you mentioned all the earthquakes that go on and of course we saw the geysers - and the unusual landscapes around the park.

Hey and it's a good thing you and Mr. Toolman are helping out the Trukster with his Liberty since he got rid of his CC.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger,

I heard that same news. Yellowstone averages over 2000 earthquakes each year. Fortunately/unfortunately, we didn't really notice any of them during the 5 months we were there in 2008. They are predicting that someday there will be another (BIG) one. It may be the one that causes California to slide into the ocean. Much of the landscape in Yellowstone was formed by the previous earthquakes, including the huge Yellowstone Lake.

Actually, I have thought about the earthquakes and would prefer not to experience one of any magnitude. We have been communicating with them this week and are considering going back for the months of August and September. Since they are predicting a very slim year, they may not be hiring anyone for that late in the year. We don't want to be gone for 5 months again this soon, and thought we might go to Yellowstone and then come back by Oklahoma City. I'll keep an eye on the earthquake activity between now and then.
    Last edited by dale farley; 01-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale
    Are you really in Yellowstone? This time of year washing a bus in a t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What campground are you at?
    GregM

Quote Originally Posted by gmcbuffalo View Post
    Dale
    Are you really in Yellowstone? This time of year washing a bus in a t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What campground are you at?
    GregM
    Hey Greg, the post of Dale washing Rogers bus was in Sept 2008. Dale is a real man but not that much of a man to be out in Yellowstone in January hand washing someone elses's bus ?

Gary S.