Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Trailer Question?

Orren Zook Guest

I have etrack in my trailer floor - if you spec it during your build process United (maybe other manufacturers too) will recess it into the flooring and fasten to each crossmember. That way it is out of the way and not easily damaged. Having etrack the length of the trailer allows for easy, load balanced tie down of other items in case you have something besides your classic car to haul. Also have them put something besides linoleum on the beavertail - it's too slippery when wet.
    Last edited by Orren Zook; 01-07-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Recessed Etrack has worked well for me. The only caveat is the positioning of the rings in the track. The release lever must always be to the outside. I also agree but mainly about the ramp. A non-skid coating of some king on the ramp is great. Most manufactures have this available as a floor covering option.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Tully Guest

I heard the Erail just mounted onto the floor was weak. The recessed method is very secure.

I am blown away from all the options you can get on these trailers. The punch list adds up fast.

Some must have items im putting on: Street side escape door, going with tri-axel, flush ceiling and wall mount fluor. lights, 16 foot awning, stabilizer jacks so I can pull a car in when trailer is not attached to tow vehicle, 7000 lb square tube drop leg jack, aluminum walls & ceiling, cabinets built in v-nose, led light package, recessed quartz lights on street & curb side of trailer, diamond plate flooring on approach ramp and floor of trailer, beaver tail and polished aluminum two feet high around entire trailer bottom. Kind of blend in with the Prevost.

I have a mural on the CC Prevost that I will have extended onto the trailer.

The only thing I have not been able to finalize on is the a/c & heating. I will do car shows in summer and late fall when it gets a little brisk out. The a/c adds $750.00 and the toe kickers add $350.00. That is a lot of dough. However, I do not want to be kicking myself in the rear down the road if I
    passed up getting them. How important of an issue is this? I will be at a car show usually from 10:00 A.M. till 5:00 P.m. or 2:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
    The trailer would be a good place to hang out.

Got some good ideas from everyone.

On a financial note- about 2/3 of the lenders have pulled out of the market. They would finance car haulers / trailers. It took a bit of work to even find a lender. The dealer/s were scrambling too. I guess Sheffield financial did a lot of the lending for these dealers. They pulled out of this area of lending on 12/31/08.

I ended up going with a company called Rock Solid Financing. Only took an hour for approval with no pain. Good rate 8.45% (for trailers it is good)...
    As long as credit score is good. Good today though is 750 or better on a fico. Used to be anything over a 700 was "A" paper.

Just thought I would pass that on.

Thanks,

Tully L. Garrett

dalej Guest

Tully,

I haven't seen you mention a walk in door in the front, is that just a standard item on trailers of this size? You should have one.

Tully Guest

Dale:

You would have the loading door in rear. On drivers side would be an escape door above the axels so you could exit car withouth knocking all the paint off. The walk in door would be curb side torwards front of trailer.

Tully

lewpopp Guest

Tully,

You might as well add an automatic awning the whole length of the trailer. It would only be a fractional cost of this tricked out trailor. Hell, when we build a trailer for someone, we want it to be top notch.

jasperjr Guest

We have a 24 ft Renegade Stacker we pull behind our XLII and one neat option we have is an observation deck on the top. Our attic ladder extends up to the top we there is a hatch door. The deck has rails on all four sides and gives us a 16' by 8' space. The rails fold down when not in use and easily fastens to the top. We use it at Nascar events, etc... It holds around 16 people, however we never put that to the test.

It may be something you would want consider, seeing all of the options you are selecting.

These are pictures of what is left of my 911 and my 20 foot trailer. This happened a little over a year ago on I-75 outside of Tampa on our way home to NJ. The trailer had recessed hooks and the car was secured at each wheel to the floor. We were driven off the road by a truck driver on his cell phone. The trailer flipped 2 times and the 911 stayed attached to the floor, unfortunately it looked like it went through a mix master but the trailer with the car in it stayed together as a unit. We were towing the car with our Excursion and not the coach. The Excursion held the road like velcro and only suffered 2 ripped off tires. No injuries just soiled pants. 2 new tires on the Excursion and we drove her home to NJ and left the rest of the carnage in Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Rick, I am so sorry. That is very hard to look at. The plus side is yall were/are OK.

Have you replaced the 911 yet?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

So the trlr came loose from the hitch? How did it roll and you did not. What broke off?