Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Trailer Question?

Tully Guest

Very good idea on the side door for easy exit. Thanks...

One thing I seem to be having a problem with is power issue for the trailer.
    This trailer comes wired with A/C and interior lighting. The service is 50 AMP.

I will never really do more than run the A/C at a car show and hang out in the trailer on the really hot days.. Maybe a radio inside.

Is 50 AMP kind of over-kill? I was trying to find a small generator for the trailer as it has a 36 wide by 30 high road side door to put in a generator.

I have looked all over the internet for a genny that has a 50 amp plug in with no luck.

Would I not be better having the trailer company put in a 30 amp service? I want to simply plug the power life line direct into the genny.

Can anyone give me some options on a good genny that would fit 36 wide by 30 high? Do not want to dump a ton of money into the genny as it will not be use a ton. But none the less would still like to put on in the trailer.

What would be the minimum size? All I would ever run is the A/C unit which is 15 amps and maybe a small tv/radio....

Thanks,

Tully

I had a spare tire well built into the floor with a trap door. We went with the 30 amp system with an on board battery charger for the 12v lighting, electric tongue jack and break away switch.
    Be sure not to hold back on D-rings locations. It is much easier to have them installed at the factory than try to do it later.

Tully,

Never put the spare tire in a well in the floor. The only time you will have a flat is when the car is in the trailer and you have to move everything. Hang it on the wall.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Tully Guest

Good point on the well holding for tire. Never thought of that.

Im going to have Etrack installed the entire length of trailer instead of D rings. Looks like an easier set up and give more options.

Anyone recommend a decent priced genny for this?

Tully

Tully,

We carry 2 Honda 2000i portable generators that when plugged in tandem with the Honda Inseries kit they, together, are able to handle powering up a 15000 btu Carrier A/C unit on one of our airstreams. They weigh about 52lbs and are easily transportable and are samller thana 5 gallon bucket of paint.
    Our airstream B-190 Camper Van on the E-350 Ford 1ton has a gasoline powered Microlite genset that can run the rooftop a/c or the microwave but not both. We have a switch between the 2.

If your NEW trailer comes with 50amp service, you would need a reducer to 30 amp for the Honda adaptor to plug into the Inseries panel adaptor, just have the trailer wired with a 30 amp. BTW, where will the bus be?? You could have a "buddy Plug" installed in you engine compartment and have the trailer's A/c unit power off the coach genset. Or will the trailer be separated from the bus?
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 01-07-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Exclamation

Tully, look at the add in the linked site. Scroll down and check out #1256. and a little before and after. I think these are very good and reasonably priced and ready to go at discount prices. They are 8.5'x24'.
    Don't forget to consider a full length awning on one side.
    http://www.allprowest.com/Inventory_CarMate.html

Tully Guest

Will have trailer with bus at times (and I figured I could piggy back off genny).
    However, will be times when I will have the Navigator and trailer only and will need genny power. Not a lot, just fire up the a/c and a radio.

The awning sounds like a good option.

Thanks Everyone,

Tully

10:4 on the tire well in the floor. Probably not much fun offloading your stuff to get at the spare. I have a stacker so it is not a problem to move the vehicle off of the floor.
    Reconsider the E-Track for holding a car. I wouldn't tie my mother-in-law down with that stuff. Your call......

Tully Guest

Terry:

Fill me in on the Etrack. It is not as strong?

Thanks,

Tully

You need D-Rings bolted to the floor cross members. I agree with Terry, E-Track is not heavy enough to hold a vehicle under adverse maneuvering.