Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Steering Filter

Default Power Steering Filter

Hey boys,
    Anyone have a source for the power steering filter, it's a Nelson 83804E or Prevost 660987?

Either Fleetpride or Truck Pro had my filter. I seem to recall mine being right in stock. Check my filter list on the POG site.

lewpopp Guest

Truk

You made a form of a statement with the 2 power steering filters and then you put a "?" after it. I cannot download the pog site information until I get out away from the north. I only have high speed in the south. Just a damn cell phone up north. No Lew Bucks

Lewie,
    What are you talking about? Have you sniffed too much wood glue? I never mentioned 2 filters or the POG site.

Thanks Jon, Fleetpride and NAPA both carry the filter, 12.95 to 16.95.

Tom, It is possible to replace that where your power steering reservoir sits, but it is a challenge to see anything. I removed the entire reservoir and cleaned and worked on it on the workbench. That is probably not how a mechanic would do it, but when I was done I knew it was right.

I also was able to repaint it in colors compatible with my paint scheme and in a pattern that brought a little bling to that part of the engine compartment. (Just kidding about that one )

Jon,
    It was pretty easy, took off the air intake piping and was able to get at it with no problem. I had a weepy hose connection at the tank and just couldn't stand it any longer, so I pulled it all apart and now it should be nice and dry. The NAPA filter worked out fine, I have the part number if anyone needs it. We can add it to some of your info stuff if that will help.

See if Jim can add it to the filter list that is on the front of the POG site. I only list a Donaldson number.

Jon,
    Done, I e-mailed Jim with both the NAPA and Fleetguard numbers.

lewpopp Guest

Ya know Truk, I went back and re-read your post on the Nelson 83804E or the Prevost 660987. Now if that ain't numbers of two filters, I'll be dogged.

As for the dirt in the power steering reservoir, does that come from the outside air some place or does it just appear out of now where? Now someone give me a smart assed answer. Old Lew is getting his shorts in a bunch again.

As for the POG site I mentioned, I cannot retrieve anything from the information area cuz (that's where I thought you got the numbers) my friggin computer is friggin slow on cell dial-up.