Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fresh Water Auto Fill ??

I look forward to comparing notes.

I finally understand the Royal Autofill system. It is kind of simple once you have all the peices to the puzzle. The autofill solenoid valve is a normally closed valve the is interupting any water entering the tank from the fill hose or F/W hose fitting. When this valve is given 12 volts by turning on the HeadHunter (HH) system then placing the HH system in auto, it opens the solenoid valve permiting water to fill the tank. A weakness in the system is the solenoid valve can overheat if the city water is not connected and the auto manual switch is left in auto. It uses the city water to keep it cool. To determine when to come on and turn off it sences the level of the F/W tank by using the Headhunter (HH) tanks sensor system. The autofill valve is programmed to open when the F/W tank reaches 10% full and shuts off when the tank reaches 90% full. That means if the F/W HH tank sensor is out of calibration the autofill will be affected. If the F/W HH sensor is bad then the autofill will not work.

The biggest problem is the auto switch must be switched to manual if your not going to leave city water connected and water is flowing to cool the solenoind valve. I'm going to intall a flow sensor in the input line so the autofill valve is powered down unless it sees water coming in.

BTW, I see no reason to see why the Water pump being off or on will affect the autofill operation.

while we are on this subject, my autofill vave will not stay open. I can engage and it will permit water to flow but if I release the button it will revert to closed. what does solenoid look like? where is it located?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Your autofill valve looks like a regular water valve but has a small box with wires runnig out of it attached to the vavle. Every bus is unique so It will be located along the F/W inlet piping. Finding it can be half the battle.

Your symptoms sound lke the autofill valve is working fine. The reason it doesn't stay open is that it doesn't see the water tank needing water. That is a sensor problem not a autofill valve problem. holding the button gives the vavle a signal to open and then to close when the tank is full. If you find whay the sensor doesn't send that signal your problem will be fixed. I'm betting your tank sensor display for Fresh water isn't working correctly too.

you are right...noticed the sensor was reading full regardless of level...was going to deal wih it sooner or later. Never thought to connect the two. Thanks GT
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granvil if you have to hold the button down do you have a "monetary on" switch instead of a ordinary rocker switch?
    Greg

yes it is a momentary switch.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2