Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Water Auto Fill ??

Petervs Guest

Hi Bruce,
    Apology accepted. I have been called worse things than Brain. Not much worse though.....

Default Also

Another thing with the Marathon is, when auto fill is on and 12V pumps off, you get no pressure in the coach whilst the tanks are filling... For what its worth..

Leon at Marathon responded with the following ideas.

For the auto fill there is a relay module and relay in bay 2 pass side
    mounted to the ceiling in a big box you might have a fuse out or the
    relay is loose in the socket or maybe the solenoid is bad itself.

I will inspect this and get back.

Bruce,

Just install one of these to fix it. I think the Trukman keeps them in stock.

acmeelec.jpg

I already have one, but a spare might be in order, especially if it works better than what I have now. The technical specs are more my entry level skills than some stuff I have been troubleshooting lately.

dreamchasers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    Another thing with the Marathon is, when auto fill is on and 12V pumps off, you get no pressure in the coach whilst the tanks are filling... For what its worth..

Same thing applies for the Country Coach.

Hector

Default Fresh Water Tank Sanitizing

I found this article in the FMCA Magazine Feb 2009, and thought I would post it word for word, for any of you that may need to Sanitize your Fresh Water System. Here it is:

"Fresh water chlorination

Dear RV Doctor:
    The water in our RV had a bad odor — a musty smell — so we added some household bleach to the tank and let it sit awhile. Now we cannot get the bleach taste out. What do you suggest we do?

Stacey Johnson, Sacramento, California

Stacey, not only can foul- or stale-tasting water ruin an RV vacation, but it may even be harmful. However, the pungent flavor of household bleach might even be worse — like drinking water from a swimming pool! There is usually sufficient chlorine in most city water supply systems for safe storage in an RV, but if foul-tasting water persists, it may be necessary to treat the fresh water system from scratch. Of course, the fresh water tank stores only the quality of water put in there, so be sure to taste it prior to filling up. Here’s the approved method of chlorinating the entire fresh water system:

1. Drain and flush the fresh-water tank; leave empty. Be sure the water heater is not in the bypass mode.

2. Mix 1/4-cup of liquid household bleach (sodium hypochlorite) solution with one gallon of fresh water.

3. Pour directly into the fresh-water tank.

4. Pour in one gallon of the chlorine/water solution for every 15 gallons of fresh-water tank capacity.

5. Top off the tank with fresh water.

6. Remove or bypass any water purification equipment and/or filtering cartridges.

7. Turn on the water pump and open every faucet in the RV, including exterior faucets and showerheads.

8. Allow the solution to pump through the system to the toilet, through the water heater, and to every hot and cold faucet at each sink until a mild odor of chlorine is present at every fixture.

9. At the city water inlet, using the eraser end of a pencil, push in on the check valve spring, allowing the solution to pump out through the city water inlet until the chlorine odor is detected in the discharge.

10. Close all the faucets and turn off the water pump.

11. Allow the system to stand for four hours. This will chlorinate and disinfect the system, including the fresh-water tank, the water heater, the faucets, the complete piping system, and all fittings to a residual level of 50 ppm (parts per million).

12. At four hours, drain and flush the system with fresh water once again.

If 100 ppm residual concentration is required or desired, use 1/2-cup of bleach instead of 1/4-cup with each gallon of the solution and let stand for at least one to two hours. To avoid damage to delicate plumbing components found in some water pumps, do not allow the chlorinated solution to sit longer than four hours in the fresh-water system. This is the approved method to be sure bacteria are effectively eliminated. This process should be performed after any period of nonuse or storage, or whenever stale or distasteful water is experienced.

Since you’ve already put household bleach in the system, you may have used too much. Just keep flushing it out. Fill the tank, pump it through, drain, and refill. If the heavy bleach concentration has permeated the plastic piping severely, you may have to keep pumping fresh water throughout the entire system to be sure all the bleach is eliminated. The odor of the bleach eventually will subside. There are aftermarket products that can be added to the fresh-water tank, but those that I’ve tested consist primarily of chlorine elements, and I don’t think you need any more of that. I’ve also heard of adding distilled vinegar to the water system. Add about 1 quart for every 5 gallons of water capacity and pump it through the system as you do with chlorine. Let it stand in the system overnight and, as with chlorine, fully flush the system until you are satisfied with the taste and smell. I’ve not tested this method personally, but if the bleach taste remains, it just may be a viable alternative."

Hope this may help someone?

Gary S.

Has anyone got a good working knowledge of how Royale did their autofill system? Mine doesn't seem to function according to the manual and simply pours water on the ground when I fill the water tank. I was wondering if someone knew how they detect the water level in the Tank to shut the incoming city water off during filling?

I cn hear the crikets on here. Doesn't anyone have a anser to my Royale autofill?

Gary
    2002 Royale #332

Sorry Gary. The Royale I had didn't have autofill. But it had a nifty turd grinder pump.