Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini POG at TGO, Titusville, FL

A few more pix of our "work in progress"....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Pog Poster

I nominate yall for the POG Poster chilren.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Those rear bags on Pauls 99 are none other than those 260's for the drives and the 259's on the tag.

Once again Prevo was true to form and sent us a 5 port norgren that leaks out the end.

One more note we had a hard time getting the push type compression fittings on Warrens bus but we did get them to seal. This 99 was not as cooperative. The darn two fittings for the rear bags for the drives just will not seal up. When we tried to order replacements we were told that Prevo is reverting back to the old style compression fittings for the air bags and that is what they are sending us.

I completely agree and anyone with the same should do the same when replacing bags.

dalej Guest

Photos are great, thanks for including your online buddies.

Hi Joe. I was looking at the support stands, and they did not look like a rated stand. Also, did you use Hydraulic Jacks as Stands or did you have other support I could not see.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Ditto on the stands. I think Joe has enough smarts to keep himself out of danger, but from the pictures it looks scary.

Thumbs up

Great post, with the pictures and all.

Wondering where you are doing the work. It looks like a deserted air strip in the South Pacific, but I know you wouldn't drive that far for such a small job.

Seriously, do they allow that kind of "PLAY" at TGO?

Paul, you and Janice living in the bus during the repairs?

I would guess that Jon's stands are under there for the main support and everything else is just extra! I hope!

JIM

Jim,

Yep, we're living in the bus while under repair, as we are truly homeless without it!

The work is being performed at the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum in Titusville, which is about 10 minutes from TGO. They were VERY generous in allowing us to use a concrete pad adjacent to their parking area.

They also have another pad (which we didn't know at the time) which has electric, water and sewer and is used when they have visitors driving coaches.

These folks have been very accommodating and I can't thank them enough for their cooperation.

Looks like a great place to be, as long as it doesn't rain.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

There is 2-6 ton jacks (one being a screw jack) side by side forward of the drives and a 12 ton stand rear of the tag and that was on both sides.

The axles are being supported by the 12 ton bottle jacks and they were all but bottomed out.

Another thing I have discovered on this 99 is those tapered flat head screws that hold the brake drums to the hubs on the drives were NEVER installed by prevo and I came to this conclusion based on the what the threads and tapered seats looked like.

IMO those screws are a PITA to get out and are really not necessary so evidently someone else came to the same conclusion but still surprising to see.

Also they evidently decided that the large upper nut that goes around the air fitting on the bags was also unnecessary cause they were also nonexistent. The front drive bags have air supplied by a 3/4 inch line and all the others 5/8 ????????

Each bag has a small air tank coupled to it and we put pet cocks for drains on all of them as well as the brake tanks and we also pulled all the push-in type compression fittings for the bags for the old style ones.

We also found that braking system that they had installed at a rally totally loose, a disaster waiting to happen. We tightened up the mount and then added support to it, really a very unprofessional installation. All the air lines for it were just flapping around rubbing and wearing. We also discovered a original air dryer cartridge, it still had spray foam on it from the factory and Marathon told them it was one of the things serviced prior to purchase. The 3/4in feed line from the wet tank to the drier was crimped bad maybe 20% flow. Paul had Prevo send us 10 ft of 3/4 in plastic air line so I could add it to my inventory and they sent it to him in 5 pieces of varied length, unfriginbelievable. The new 5 port norgren worked like a charm.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 01-06-2009 at 05:11 PM.