Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini POG at TGO, Titusville, FL

dalej Guest

Great work Joe

Anybody care to review again why owners should manage repairs, including watching to make sure what is said is done, really is done?

I thought the Air Force One installation problems had been resolved, but sounds like Joe found out the re-do that Paul had done this summer (causing a break down) was once again not done properly.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I am going to call there tomorrow and let them know what I found and IMHO what might be some good ideas. It sounds like they are good folks and will be open to positive suggestions.

Default Air Force One

My repaired Air Force One came off when the mounting bracket broke; the first one was fine but the replacement was not. I had the local dealer mount it on the cross member in front of the drive axle where the air dryer is mounted. If the air dryer can last in that location for years the AFO should be able to also. It is a much more solid mount than hanging it the way they do. There is very little pressure on the mounting plate.

Thanks for the photos showing what is being done.

Question

I thought it was Bruce that had so much trouble with the Air Force One unit and not Paul.

JIM

Happy New Year Jim, How is the weather up there ? Sunny and mid 70's down here.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Happy New Year back to you Jim. Well yes the weather is fine here too as usual. 65 and a little misting rain to keep things fresh. Yah right. You know how the weather is here We always say if you don't like it wait 10 min it will change, usually for the worse.

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    I thought it was Bruce that had so much trouble with the Air Force One unit and not Paul.

JIM
    I did have problems with the unit coming off twice. Finally Air Force One made a new mounting bracket with both the air tank and valve attached onto one bracket that could be mounted together in one location. So far no problems, keeping my fingers crossed.

Paul should make sure that his is the new bracket with the air tank and valve connected together onto one bracket, if not what happens is the valve will vibrate and break off, when this happens the valve can fall down onto the drive shaft along with the black airline and make a real mess. It is worth a look.

Unfortunately when we all about ten of us had the installs I think the Prevost install was a new idea, and on top of that getting around under the bus was made more difficult as it was done by only lowering and raising the air to one side so Brent could scoot under and get the job done and move to the next bus. Success was the cause for rushed installs, in fact we all wanted to make the change over ASAP.