Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Coach May be Closing

Even though this is thread creep,should the Prevost pricing guide be updated since most years have taken a 30% or more hit?

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Even though this is thread creep,should the Prevost pricing guide be updated since most years have taken a 30% or more hit?
    I'm just keeping my head in the sand.

Jack, I think JPJ used to do that. It might be difficult to do now that he's gone.

JIM

Default Prevost Pricing Guide

Jack,

We are currently working on updating the Prevost Pricing Guide.

In this dynamic market it is a challenge as we get feedback from a variety of sources.

Prevost-stuff.com had over 5.4 million hits last month which shows folks
    still have a strong interest in Prevosts and are searching for a coach.

We see quite a few coaches sold and quite a few stay...it depends on the coach and the price.

The good news is that POG is the best thing the RV Business has to offer at any level. Folks getting together, shooting the sh-- and having fun.

See you soon.

Jim

Default jpj

Jim, I don't think jpj had any corner on the knowledge market, and after the EVIL things he did to our fearless leader, even if it couldn't be replicated it would be a small price to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Jack, I think JPJ used to do that. It might be difficult to do now that he's gone.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I used to think something was worth what you could get for it in a reasonable amount of time but now its value is in its enjoyment, peroid
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-01-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Your right on that account Warren. I was just stating the fact!

JIM

Jim,I am impressed with 5.4 million hits in a month,you are right that this is a dynamic market.I believe that your site(POG) is the authority on Prevost conversions.It will be very difficult to estimate what values should be.

I would be extremely careful in this process, and maybe wait until the dust settles on the market for now.

If some or many of the big players go belly up, regroup or disappear all together the landscape will change over time.

By 2010 there will be fewer new coaches on the market, who knows after a few years the supply might not meet the demand.

It is my guess that Prevost Car/Volvo will dramatically change the terms of sale (credit) for new shells starting Jan 1, 2009 requiring cash, no credit terms at all. This will drive the numbers down quickly, reducing the emphasis on new coaches at the converters like Marathon and Liberty and placing it back onto the used market.

The bottom line here is not to rush out and devalue or even revalue our buses until the dust settles.

The dealers would love to have us reduce our prices to historic lows, makes their job easier, in fact if the dealers get involved in deciding what the fair market value will be I bet it will be closer to wholesale than retail.

I for one would rather let the marketplace decide what the selling price is rather than to set the price here on POG.

Bruce, well said!