Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Country Coach May be Closing

Default Jumpin in

Hmmmm if a bus is valued at time of purchase for lets say, $200K a year ago and that is what the Insurance Co determines your insurance rate in LewDollars or any currency, then what if there is a reconsideration for Insurance Cost due to the devaluation (and obvious replacement value). Does the Insurance company defy all market indicators or does the owner reap the harvest of decreased insurance costs? l

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I would assume under the current economic conditions that is rapidly devaluing our buses it would be both prudent and up to the owner to keep in contact with the insurer so that overcharges and subsequent problems due to any potential future claims because of such will be avoided.

A yearly reassessment of market value does not seem unreasonable.

lewpopp Guest

As your coach depreciates so does the value to the insurance co devaluates. They will only cover you for equal value in the market for your coach in a total loss.

I insured my coach for a much lesser amount and saved a ton. You cannot get 300K for a coach 15 years old no matter how much you love it.

Default Coach Value

I pay a premium based on an agreed coach value of $325,000. The coach was worth that and if lost it would take time and effort to replace.

I choose the agreed value option to solve the value $ problems with an item that has no book number. My tools, guns and other collectibles are also insured at agreed value. I was robbed once and lost a great deal of property, then I lost a great deal of money on the settlement.

mwalker422 Guest

I went on a tour at Country Coach and Marathon last week. Country Coach just openend back up this month. They had two new shells. One XLII and one H3. I got the impression they were trying to get someone to take the shells. Conversions are out of the picture now. They are finishing up the motorhomes (not conversions) that were started before the shut down. I was told if they put out one coach a week they could make it. I hope they make it. They were nice to us.

Marathon was slow but looked like they were in better shape than Country Coach. Phil Cornelius showed us the whole process. It difently is a first class operation and I'm sure they will come out OK.

I recieved a letter from Country Coach a few days ago. Jay Howard, CEO, describes the new company and the factory direct business . A few 08 and 09 Coaches left and a limited quatity of new 2010's. Hand crafted, patented verandas, custom design , etc. I wish them well.
    The problem now is there are so many Coaches for sale, and so many repo's, I don't think there are too many people who want to buy new.
    Hopefully, there is a few people who are willing.
    The letter did not mention Conversions.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide