Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Florida

Jim and Linda,

Glad you liked the neighborhood. Would have liked to have met you and checked out your bus.....

Hope you get a chance to stop back.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Jelmore,

You mean to tell me you stopped and stayed at ODR at PSL and didn't give me a holler? Now that's a good POG friend.
    I sent a note and asked who was there -- nobody answered -- thought I had the plague. I thought you stayed there but thought you might be out and about. Anyway, we had a great time. We were off in the lonely coupon area, last bus on the end. Nice place you have there. If I had found you, I was ready to ask for help replacing my awning motor. Seems I read you know all about it and I really need an experienced hand. Did you make it to the party? We looked in at all the dressed up people. Quite fun.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Jim and Linda,

Glad you liked the neighborhood. Would have liked to have met you and checked out your bus.....

Hope you get a chance to stop back.
    You were there, too? Dang. I need to figure out how to stay better in touch, or check the member's location map, or pay better attention, something.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ajhaig View Post
    We spent a month at the Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami. Don't be turned off by any of the reviews you may read about the place, check it out for yourself.

We originally were only going to stay for a week, but ended up staying the entire month (we like Miami). Good location, clean, very nice people and we always felt very safe. The best part is that it is cheap (it is run by Miami-Dade County), I think we only paid about $16.00 per day with 50 amp service.

It was hands down our favorite park on our trip, but keep in mind we like Miami.
    We were looking to enjoy Miami for a while. We'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

lewpopp Guest

Jim and Linda,

Everyone knows that I am the "Mayor of ODR, PSL". Can't believe you were here for 3 days and never drove around and looked for POG stickers.

Good thing, I don't have one anyways. We are on site 5 and had our own get-to-gether during the evening. You could have easily been invited if you had made your presence known. BTW, who the hell do you think has been posting to you guys that there is a coupon available to stay here. Oh well, I guess there has to be some anti-social people in the the POG.

We ride around the resort and if I see any activity around a Prevost I stop to say hello. Apparently you were out and about.

You lose.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Jim and Linda,

Everyone knows that I am the "Mayor of ODR, PSL". Can't believe you were here for 3 days and never drove around and looked for POG stickers.

Good thing, I don't have one anyways. We are on site 5 and had our own get-to-gether during the evening. You could have easily been invited if you had made your presence known. BTW, who the hell do you think has been posting to you guys that there is a coupon available to stay here. Oh well, I guess there has to be some anti-social people in the the POG.

We ride around the resort and if I see any activity around a Prevost I stop to say hello. Apparently you were out and about.

You lose.
    Sorry, Mr. Mayor. We love to be social but we don't butt in. Sure, we saw people gathered in some of the beautiful lots behind the palms but I'm not one to wander into people's yards and private parties just because they own a bus. Saw one POG sticker I think, but I don't ring doorbells either. Sorry we missed you. Thanks for the coupon, though. We got to visit some family in Ft. Pierce a couple of nights and got to stay in a very nice place while there. Worked out well, except for the anti-social part.

Jim and Linda,

Wish I had known that you were absent a party.... we had a great one in the clubhouse New Years Eve that I'm sure you would have enjoyed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as to when you were to arrive.... for some reason I thought it would be next week..... and we won't be here at PSL as we will be joining the party in Titusville for a while.

Please feel free to stop by and say hello next time. We're on Lot 25.

The bus will probably look familiar

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    We were looking to enjoy Miami for a while. We'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
    We live in miami, if you need any help or suggestions feel free to contact me.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

jelmore Guest

I had heard that a few of you will be in Fiesta Key soon. If we haven't offended anyone by not stopping in at Port St. Lucie, we'd like to join you for a few days down there. We're really enjoying Florida, boat shopping and all.

AJ -- Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami was booked through March. Must be the premier place in Miami. Found that Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) has some pretty nice county campgrounds. We were at Markam and now TY. Not bad at all for $40 -- palm trees in front and surrounded by Canadians.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Well Jim you will have the opportunity to redeem yourself cause the Fiesta Key gang will be stopping at PSL on the way back north

Have fun