Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida

jelmore Guest

Default South Florida

We're looking to stay at least through February in south Florida, maybe a month in the Miami area and a month on the west coast. Probably not a month at a time at one place unless someone has a really strong recommendation. We were thinking a week at a time would work out, moving around. Don't know what we'll find since it's so late, but would be great to get some recommendations from this group.

Default Florida in Feb

Hi Jim

There are going to be a bunch of us in Titusville for the shuttle launch Feb 11-14 at The Great Outdoors. We (Debbie & I )are then heading to Port St. Lucie for 3-4 days. I would love to meet y'all................

Jamie
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Bradford View Post
    Hi Jim

There are going to be a bunch of us in Titusville for the shuttle launch Feb 11-14 at The Great Outdoors. We (Debbie & I )are then heading to Port St. Lucie for 3-4 days. I would love to meet y'all................

Jamie
    We went to the Kennedy Space Center the other day and got really excited about seeing that launch. We're on our way south. Maybe we can get back up for it. We'll know in a week or so. Think there would still be space in that rally lot?

I think there is space.... Call them.. I think the lady's name is Diane.

Jamie
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

tomklau Guest

There aren't any good recommendations for RV Resorts in the Miami area that I've been told of. On the east coast there's Great Outdoors in Titusville and Outdoor Resorts St. Lucie West Motorcoach Resort in Port St. Lucie. There are numerous resorts on the west coast that are nice: Signature Resorts Naples, Pelican Lake, Cypress Woods, and Riverbend to name a few. Check online at the resorts website. Many are offering coupons for discount and free stays.

Karin

jelmore Guest

I think Linda will enjoy the search for discounts. She's good.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Gulf Coast

There is a very nice State Park at the end of pennisula in St. Pete called Fort Desoto State Park. It's on the water.

We are 20 minutes South of St. Pete and have plenty of parking and I had an extra 50 amp outlet installed for company if you want to drop in here for a spell. On the water with fishing boats and Waverunners if your into that. Email if you want pictures.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    There is a very nice State Park at the end of pennisula in St. Pete called Fort Desoto State Park. It's on the water.

We are 20 minutes South of St. Pete and have plenty of parking and I had an extra 50 amp outlet installed for company if you want to drop in here for a spell. On the water with fishing boats and Waverunners if your into that. Email if you want pictures.
    Fort Desoto state park looks nice. We'll be that way in February. Sure we'll stop by. Send pics to jelmore@elmoredesign.com. We just left the very, very nice Outdoor Resorts Port St. Lucie and moved over to the very, very quiet Savannas Recreation Area in Ft. Pierce. Outdoor Resorts certainly defines the word resort. Not to gush, but the established owner's area is spectacular.

ajhaig Guest

We spent a month at the Larry & Penny Thompson RV park in South Miami. Don't be turned off by any of the reviews you may read about the place, check it out for yourself.

We originally were only going to stay for a week, but ended up staying the entire month (we like Miami). Good location, clean, very nice people and we always felt very safe. The best part is that it is cheap (it is run by Miami-Dade County), I think we only paid about $16.00 per day with 50 amp service.

It was hands down our favorite park on our trip, but keep in mind we like Miami.

lewpopp Guest

Jelmore,

You mean to tell me you stopped and stayed at ODR at PSL and didn't give me a holler? Now that's a good POG friend.