Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: replacement air springs

JOE, JON, KEN, GREG, RAY, ORREN.........Got up early today for an appointment with a heavy truck wheel and alignment center. They removed the right front wheel and checked the wheel bearings and king pins. Found no ware on either. Then rotated the right front with the drive axle. Placed on a large machine for an alignment. Found the alignment to be true with no adjustments needed. With a test drive the slight vibration was gone and no sounds from the right front. Its the Michelin tire that Michelin refuses to adjust. Not the first time for me with Michelin. I still like Michelin tires and will continue to buy but not expect help with warranty issues. Thanks again guys for your help.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That is great news Darrell.

We will continue to work on you and that Michelin disease you have

Double Coin.............made in Shanghai. Still holding air. I don't have to worry about arguing about claims for tire defects. I paid my money and took my chance and don't regret it. If Michelin will not back their tires how can they justify prices that are twice what Roger and I paid for our Chinese tires.

Loyalty is a two way street. Michelin needs to respect its loyal customers with support.

I was talking to my tire guy today, and he told me that Michelin & Toyo are doing a joint venture to start making truck tires!

Has anyone read about this anywhere. I googled it but got nothing!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Many Michelin buyers are a lot like Cubs fans. No matter how bad a product they get and how much they are charged the folks just keep coming back

Darrell read your own words back to yourself twice a night for 1 week.

We are assuming that the bus will not produce the same results on the drive tire that's now up front. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-03-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

JON........How many miles do you have on your tires. Do you have a complete set (8) of double coins including the steers?

JOE........You are right on. It will probably take at least 1 yr (10,000 miles) for me to see if I have a pattern of the same tire ware. It took 2 yrs on my present tires for me to find the worn spots. With your trucking experience. what brand of tires would you recomend for quality and a smooth ride?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Darrell Jon chickened out he was new to this not spending too much on tires thing but, he will change. He has them on the drives.

I sent you a Private Message, I can not again endure hearing all the wonders of Michilen from folks who have not ever purchased or tried anything else.

Darrell,

I'm only a little tongue in cheek on this one. I think there are three years on the tires (I have only worn out one set of tires on the buses I owned, the rest of the tires I bought aged out) and I'm guessing about 30,000 miles currently on them. If it is critical I can give you specific information. I just have to get my log books from the bus.

The tires are on my drive axle, a place where it is rare to see unusual wear. I still have Michelins on the steer and tag, but let me assure you that when they need to be replaced I will not pay a premium just to get Michelins. I have had good service from the Michelins I bought in the past, but no better than from the cheapest tires I could find which are on my drive axle now.

You have eliminated defects in the bus as probable cause. If Michelin chooses to stiff you on this tire defect despite their ridiculous prices then all tire buyers need to know they are selling the sizzle and not the steak.