Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Upgrade

Tully Guest

The 26 inch Sonly Bravia for the front is what I put it. It fits perfect. A friend and I did a lot of modification work and had a welded some mounting brackets into place. Also installed a Sony surround sound system at the same time with tiny Satalite speakers.

It turned out fantastic. Took a lot of planning and hours to do it just right. But it did turn out great. Pic's upon request as I have not been able how to figure out posting pics on this site yet.

The only thing I was not happy with is the 19 inch for the bedroom that I put in. Put on a swing style mount and it looks like an after thought.

Tully

lewpopp Guest

I have one of those coupons that makes the reception better. Where do I put the coupon? On the front tv or on the antennae? Damn, I should have gotten a few coupons.

Larry,

I was at the hanger today and took a couple of photos of a TV upgrade I did just after Spearfish. I had a 20" in the salon like most mid 90's conversions. I bought a 32 1/2 inch Sharp Aquos and replaced the 20 incher. No framing around it or anything fancy like that, and it looks anything but factory. But for me that's ok, I don't really care that much. The wider set hangs over the original cabinet 4 or 5 inches, the height top to bottom is very close to the cabinet. I did not really loose any headroom getting in or out of the drivers chair. The TV is mounted to an moveable arm which is bolted to a 3/4" piece of plywood, which in screwed and bolted inside the old cabinet. Works great and did I say it's 32 1/2". And LCD. I can't wait to watch the Rose Parade.

Good luck,

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default I went a different route

Granted I have one of the oldest conversions around (A 87 Marathon-the 6th Prevost ) but I had a 7 1/2 foot pull down screen installed some years ago right above the drivers location. I really didn't want to spend the money for the power version but I take the Sony projector from my bedroom (that throws a 12' picture but its located farther away from the screen) with me when traveling. The darn thing is really small but the picture quality is tremendous. Granted it must be darker inside but its worked out great. I never did replace the 20".

The projector was mounted on a pull out section in the kitchen.

Thanks to all for the input on this subject. I think I'll hold off on any upgrade until I have had a chance to see some in person. Thanks for the pix that were posted but I need to get the total picture for my old, slow brain.

Thanks again.