Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ok jon, about them led marker lights...

ken&ellen Guest

Tom, That girl was much taller! Ken

Bill, everybody on the LED side of this discussion has failed to point out some of the facts.

A new LED side marker light is about $15.00, not counting all the labor and farting around to make it fit the coach.

A replacement bulb for your factory installed lights is about $1.00 The bulb will last about 10 years.

Maybe the LED crowd can tell you why the LED lights are worth the expense which by the time Jerry gets done replacing all his lights will end up costing the price of a new air compressor and the labor to replace it.

Oh drat, we have succumbed partly to the side of LED weenies. Replaced all the side marker lights with LED's from the Lighthouse. The coach rear is still incandescent. Just can't justify the thousand bux needed to order from Mira Loma.
    Has anyone tried those LED bulbs for the conventional sockets?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

According to the technical weenies (who actually get paid for what they know) all LEDs operate at 1.5 volts. What is required is a conversion from either 12v or 24v to 1.5v. I'd trust Mango on this one. Last I heard from him he was trying to follow Jon through a toll plaza in Illinois; back on the forum in about a week.

And goodness knows, what we will be seeing in the next week (but expect some surprises, heh, heh).

Jim,

I replaced all the rear bulbs with LED that just replace the old bulbs. There is a thread on this with links to the place that sells them. Just search LED's.

They looked brighter and will live infinitly longer. Once you install LED's you'll never go back to the old candle and wick.

win42 Guest

I need some real help on lights. My 91 Royale has a "Vanner" panel in the engine compartment proclaiming it is for 12V headlight use only. Are the clearance lights and other lights 12v or 24V? I tried to check the clearance light with a volt meter with no results. Is it a two wire system not using the coach for ground? The coach is in the paint shop getting a new dress. I need to replace the aging sun worn lights to match the new paint. The LED clearance lights from IBP seem to be the way to go there, but which voltage?
    Tail lights are next, is there source for some that will fit and with new lenses.
    I need to get these items ordered ASAP.
    Thanks for any help offered.
    Harry

Harry,

My '92 is all 12V for the marker, clearance and tail lights and I'll bet yours is the same. We had the tired looking lenses too and we replaced some and polished some. They look much better now.

Ben Guest

While Jon was entertaining a few anal pilots, Jerry and Mango got together to compare LEDs.

It turns out that Mango has installed LED "Neon" under his bus:
    http://www.mulelighting.com/ledflex/

Not to feel outdone, Jerry replaced his bathroom faucet with one that lights the water with LEDs:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8122/

That's when Mango decided to light his bays with these:
    http://www.stopbox.co.uk/wall-lights/led/multi-colour

...and to make sure Jerry couldn't keep up, Mango decided to install a $2500 computerized bar:
    http://www.barmonkey.net/v5.asp

Let's hope they LED bling thing ends at POGII.

ken&ellen Guest

Ben, That faucet was incredible! I am not a LED guy, but that is too cool. Ken

Ben,

That there LED faucet is over the top! Are you sure you aren't going to skip Iceland and bring that action to POG II?