Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ok jon, about them led marker lights...

bill&jody Guest

Default ok jon, about them led marker lights...

got a part number? web site? or was it jerry.

anyway i gotta need for new lighting.

i ordered a 1800intlbus catalog, oh, 5 weeks ago. nothing. i called and got a pdf of pages 76-135 of the upcoming 2006 catalog. no, i'm not sure i understand it either. anyway, if anybody wants a copy, i'll happily fwd a copy.
    (its mostly sheet metal, some lighting, some moulding, some trim).

(and no, lew, i don't want the old ones)

wmm

Bill,

Info on marker lights.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Good luck,

Mike

Wmm,

When I saw the cost of an LED light assembly compared to the cost of a new light bulb I figured the savings alone would pay for at least one new tire.

But there are some folks here trying hard to get the bling award, so I'm sitting back letting them break their budget while I have just about got it locked up because I used part of the money I saved to bribe the 85 year old judge.

Don't let the LED wannabes exert any influence on you.

B&J,

Don't let ol' grumpy pants keep you from LED happiness. You will be very pleased with the results.

I ordered mine from IBP just like Mike says in the link. When you change them out, order some of those rubber inserts with the thread in the center. They push thru the hole in the stainless steel and the screw from the light goes in the hole.

You will have some of these that are wore or torn, so about 6 should get you through the project without a delay and they are pretty inexpensive. Tell the IBP guy what you are looking for and he knows what they call them.

Misery loves company. Jerry is trying to suck you into needlessly spending your money. He and Mango lit up their LED display for me down in Polk City, and I never even noticed.

I'm surprised they haven't given you a link to get some spinner hubcaps to go along with the LED lights.

B&J,

Don't be fooled. He didn't notice because he was asleep in his chair with the TV on. When we cranked up the laser spot light and flooded the front of his coach with light, he jumped to the task turning on every bulb he had.

And while his ancient bulbs were oozing on and off like an old man pissing in a urinal, Mike and I were sharp and brisk with LEDs a flashing and gators jumping into the water.

While I am sure Jon would rather JB weld some candle holders to the outside of his coach, I am sure his wife won't help him keep them lit, so fret not and join the blingsters for some LED fun.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What are the options for the upper markers front and rear. What about the front turns? Sure would be cheaper and a lot more variaty to choose from if they were 12volt? Just seems sensible to me. I probably wouldnt consider it on a new bus but ours is 21yrs old. I got a million other things to do. Theres volumes of styles to choose from though! Might make a nice project for one of those sunny January lazy afternoons, with some help from the blender!
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-06-2006 at 07:08 PM.

lewpopp Guest

Let me let you Jon bashers in on a secret.

Jon asked a long time ago to find him some 22" spinners the Bling crowd uses. I finally found the web site at www.excessspin.com The phone # is 1-866-894-3351. They are awaiting your call Jon.

Sorry to bust your beans Jon. You engineers are a strange bunch.

Joe,

I have only replaced the side marker and all the tail / stop lights with LED's at this point. I have a test LED front marker to try and I will probably change out every bulb on the coach except the head lights.

I have all the old bulbs and will mail them to Jon one a day for a quarter.

Bill,
    Don't let them suck you in, stay on the dark side! Once you go LED you devalue your bus and Roger will be standing by with a check to quickly turn your bus for some nice Lew bucks. If your not careful, the LED weenies will have you parting with the Harley for a Goldwing with ring-of-fire LED's on the front wheel.

By the way, that wasn't Jody with the 357 Magnum Ken was telling us about, was it?